Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Congress Looking to Ban Milling Machines. It isn't just 3D Printing Anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    Keep in mind that tooling will cost hundreds, if not thousands, too. 4 jaw, collet chuck, collets, quick change tool post, tons of tool holders, live centers, cutting tool blanks, carbide holders, carbide inserts. Oh, an then you use your buddies lathe (or a work lathe) that has a DRO... gotta add that. Then a full floating tapping head, set of knurling wheels, tool post grinder, flood coolant, tail stock coolant....

Just know when to say "when", I don't have half that stuff for my lathe, but I'm easily at $1000 in extra stuff....
    Which is exactly why I keep the phone number of my friendly neighborhood machinist on hand. Well, he's not in my neighborhood, about 20 minutes away. But he's done a few jobs for me in the evening.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Default Re: Congress Looking to Ban Milling Machines. It isn't just 3D Printing Anymore.

If dems want to come and take them then do it! But the dems wont because they have no balls to do so. The dems will try and send in lackeys to do the dirty work. Then they will get slaughtered. Dems have all the idea to take us out with the stroke of a pen. Send in the lackeys already and lets get this party started!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Glad I've got 2 full-size Bridgeports at work.
    neighbor has two, one in the garage and one in the shed....

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    If dems want to come and take them then do it! But the dems wont because they have no balls to do so. The dems will try and send in lackeys to do the dirty work. Then they will get slaughtered. Dems have all the idea to take us out with the stroke of a pen. Send in the lackeys already and lets get this party started!
    you can be sure that under an extended period of democrat majorities the police on the street will nearly disappear but they will retain "elite" units that will go around cracking skulls for every one of their little pet projects. guns, environmentalism, health orders, etc.
    they'll be dropping gang bangers back off at their homes, returning their stolen gun to them, giving them reparations for time inconvenienced and bribed to return to court some time in the future. but the legal gun owners will be getting 3am no knock raids, televised live. to ensure a statement is made and the rest live in fear of it happening to them.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Quote Originally Posted by chp1911 View Post
    Are Routers now going to be considered "Milling machines"? What about my Jig? How about my drill press? My cordless drill? Should that include a brace and bit? Everyone of these IGNORANT fools need to STFD and STFU!!!!
    20-year old corded handheld Black & Decker milling machine:

Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Bucks County)

Just remembered seeing this on Vice awhile ago.

Quote Originally Posted by prospero1919 View Post
    Just remembered seeing this on Vice awhile ago.

here i was expecting something cobbled out of a pipe and some tin roofing, he's got what looked like a decent 19xx
    There is no way to make it out alive...

so I guess it's time to buy myself a "jig"...

(Bucks County)

It has been 2 weeks and there is still no text for this bill. I expect that there probably never will be any text for it.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post
    It has been 2 weeks and there is still no text for this bill. I expect that there probably never will be any text for it.
    Agreed. This is some idiots re-election mailer bullet point.... "I introduced legislation to ban equipment used to make ghost guns, but the NRA lobbied against it and killed it."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast