Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Congress Looking to Ban Milling Machines. It isn't just 3D Printing Anymore.

Default Re: Congress Looking to Ban Milling Machines. It isn't just 3D Printing Anymore.

should be pointed out that there are dozens of different brands of hobbyist-level mini CNC machines for sale both online and at hardware outlet chains such as Harbor Freight that can be used in an array of metal and polymer fabrication work to include producing firearm frames or receivers.

Harbor Freight CNC machines?
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Congress Looking to Ban Milling Machines. It isn't just 3D Printing Anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Harbor Freight CNC machines?
    Just means they have no fucking clue what they're talking about. HF does have hobbyist level mills for sale. I've never seen a CNC in there. But they figure a mill is the same as CNC.

There are quite a few CNC kits that can be bought directly from china, and with some modification to the Z-axis could possibly mill an 80%.

There's a shitton of plans and parts out there for building your own CNC machine. Maybe they'll start going after anyone that buys stepper motors and controller boards. I guess I better start stocking up my supplies.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Oh ffs, anything else those retards want to do

(Erie County)

Are Routers now going to be considered "Milling machines"? What about my Jig? How about my drill press? My cordless drill? Should that include a brace and bit? Everyone of these IGNORANT fools need to STFD and STFU!!!!
    We the people love our country so let the government fear us.

Glad I've got 2 full-size Bridgeports at work.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

In the old Soviet Union, the fascists there wanted to control speech, so they imposed licensing and strict control requirements on mimeograph machines and copiers. It wasn't enough that the Party controlled all the newspapers, radio, television, theaters, etc. They feared ordinary people typing up their thoughts and handing them out by the dozens.

They put people in jail for having unlicensed mimeograph machines.

It's a big red flag whenever a politician demands that they have the right to ban machines that might be used in ways they can't control. It's the sort of thing that would have had the Founding Fathers stacking bodies.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Bucks County)

Its kind of a misleading article. With the picture of Gramps with his workshop milling machine they make it sound like the bill is about banning every machine that can make a firearm. I didn't bother reading the bill but I bet they are trying to go after mills like the Ghost gunner where you put in an 80% lower, download the software and press a button. Instant receiver. They are kind of steep at @ $2000 each so is anyone up for a group buy?

https://ghostgunner.net/

In case anyone is wondering I am 100% against this bill. I just don't like misleading the sky is falling clickbait.

(Bucks County)

So much for the Bridgeport that ollies is selling.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Bucks County)

This might be a good time to sell my J head....
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast