Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Congress Looking to Ban Milling Machines. It isn't just 3D Printing Anymore.

As of 07/10/2020 text has not been received for H.R.7468 - To amend title 18, United States Code, to impose prohibitions relating to machines designed for the manufacturing of frames or receivers for firearms.
    From the us congress website. I guess we'll have to pass it to know whats in it?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Congress Looking to Ban Milling Machines. It isn't just 3D Printing Anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by chp1911 View Post
    Are Routers now going to be considered "Milling machines"? What about my Jig? How about my drill press? My cordless drill? Should that include a brace and bit? Everyone of these IGNORANT fools need to STFD and STFU!!!!
    Then there's the router jigs ..... guess they forgot about those.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    It's a big red flag whenever a politician demands that they have the right to ban machines that might be used in ways they can't control. It's the sort of thing that would have had the Founding Fathers stacking bodies.
    Too bad men like them don*t exist anymore.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Its kind of a misleading article. With the picture of Gramps with his workshop milling machine they make it sound like the bill is about banning every machine that can make a firearm. I didn't bother reading the bill but I bet they are trying to go after mills like the Ghost gunner where you put in an 80% lower, download the software and press a button. Instant receiver. They are kind of steep at @ $2000 each so is anyone up for a group buy?

https://ghostgunner.net/

In case anyone is wondering I am 100% against this bill. I just don't like misleading the sky is falling clickbait.
    If 20 people eached kicked in $100 each for a stake in ownership (1/20th private ownership) would that be legal?

In reality, idfc. Im just curious from the liability standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    Then there's the router jigs ..... guess they forgot about those.
    They will get to them eventually. That is how all this works.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    If 20 people eached kicked in $100 each for a stake in ownership (1/20th private ownership) would that be legal?

In reality, idfc. Im just curious from the liability standpoint.
    I don't believe so. The ATF goons would say that only one person has the know how to use it so the rest aren't really manufacturing their own firearms, the one guy is making them for everyone. To be 100% legal you'd have to "sell" the unit to one another for $1 and operate it completely separately from any other member of the group.

That said, if some one in Western PA wants to set up a group like this, I'm in for $500.

(Berks County)

...I lost my two Bridgeports in a boating accident. I can't seem to find the lathes, either. Tragic.

(Berks County)

I wish I had a milling machine. And some guns too but my inventory is minimal.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    This might be a good time to sell my J head....
    What's wrong with you? Shhhh, they haven't figured that out yet. They are unregistered. Nobody has a clue about how many of these there are in the US and where they are. There are millions of knock-offs about. I've heard that several people here have successfully made lowers on a crude machine in someone's barn. It's fairly simple on a J head with an experienced machinest. Add a DRO and some of the old school knowledge required goes away. Add an unregistered CNC kit and it's still not all that easy unless you know how to run a mill without it.

Be careful of your brain. It knows way too much, and may be subject to confiscation.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Lackawanna County)

.......and then they came for the cordless drills.........

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast