Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Ruger Mark iv 22/45 target vs. mark iv 22/45 lite

I have the Lite and love it, especially with a suppressor. Is very light so you do not get tired after shooting many hundreds of rounds.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Chester County)

Thanks for all the replies. I*ve had the lite for about a month now and love it. Quick (possibly dumb) question. I plan on shooting it with open sites and no optics. Is it ok I remove the top picatanny rail? Just didn*t know if I needed to plug the holes on top due to release of gases or it*s ok to have the holes open. To me the most forward two look to be closed but the back hole I can see the recoil spring so didn*t know if that needed to be covered. Thanks in advance!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by c_brutsche View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. I*ve had the lite for about a month now and love it. Quick (possibly dumb) question. I plan on shooting it with open sites and no optics. Is it ok I remove the top picatanny rail? Just didn*t know if I needed to plug the holes on top due to release of gases or it*s ok to have the holes open. To me the most forward two look to be closed but the back hole I can see the recoil spring so didn*t know if that needed to be covered. Thanks in advance!
    I have the MKIV LITE & MKIV TACTICAL. I also like shooting with open sights and have removed all the rails. I like the look of the two much better without the rails as well. Call Ruger customer service and they will send you the slide plugs at no charge. (just received today 5 plugs for my week old tactical) I did NOT install a plug at the rear of the slide where you can see the recoil spring since if you tighten that plug too much it will hit the spring and jam the bolt in the slide. With it open it makes for an easy lube (very small drop ) of the recoil spring. I used a very small amount of black nail polish on the threads of the plugs before installing to keep them from backing out.

(Chester County)

Thanks for the info!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12