Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Troopers shoot and kill man in Monroe County

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    The daughter was ON SCENE. A window was found unlocked. Why didn't the daughter go in?

IMO, if the daughter is not on title, she has no legal authority to authorize ANYONE to enter. Likewise, she really has no authority to enter herself, but if she's willing to "allow" someone else to enter, why wouldn't she just go in herself?

Just another example of everyone expecting the government to take care of them, and anyone they deem in need of "help", regardless of the facts. And on the other hand, the government acting because "just in case/what if", instead of facts.

If y'all notice one day you haven't heard from me or seen me for a while......go about your life and leave me the fuck alone!
    I'm glad you posted this, because I was just about to call to have a welfare check on you.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Perry County)

Yes, by all means, it always happens with the worst case scenario being the outcome. Those bad, bad cops shooting every old person that's a threat. It's systemic elderly murder, it's time to start a movement based on absolute lies and hysteria because facts are so icky. ELM, Elderly Lives Matter and those few examples can be the foundation for the entire thing.

Obviously, you'll have to ignore the multiple times a day when an elderly/confused person was not shot dead but instead got the help they needed. You can ignore incidents like those where one of my fellow Troopers disarmed an old woman with dementia as she came out pointing a rifle at us. I mean, we all wanted to shoot her dead because we're bloodthirsty scum that want to kill you and will happily eat your still warm heart to celebrate the kill.

I've got an idea, join up with BLM. It seems you're closely aligned in your disdain for law enforcement, your love of using a few bad incidents to paint all LEOs with a broad brush, and even denigrating LEOs when the incident didn't involve them at all. You've got a little old lady that shot at some firefighters and BLM uses George Zimmerman/Travon Martin to vilify law enforcement. Seems you're cut from the same cloth, you'll be wanting reparations I assume?
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Yes, by all means, it always happens with the worst case scenario being the outcome. Those bad, bad cops shooting every old person that's a threat. It's systemic elderly murder, it's time to start a movement based on absolute lies and hysteria because facts are so icky. ELM, Elderly Lives Matter and those few examples can be the foundation for the entire thing.

Obviously, you'll have to ignore the multiple times a day when an elderly/confused person was not shot dead but instead got the help they needed. You can ignore incidents like those where one of my fellow Troopers disarmed an old woman with dementia as she came out pointing a rifle at us. I mean, we all wanted to shoot her dead because we're bloodthirsty scum that want to kill you and will happily eat your still warm heart to celebrate the kill.

I've got an idea, join up with BLM. It seems you're closely aligned in your disdain for law enforcement, your love of using a few bad incidents to paint all LEOs with a broad brush, and even denigrating LEOs when the incident didn't involve them at all. You've got a little old lady that shot at some firefighters and BLM uses George Zimmerman/Travon Martin to vilify law enforcement. Seems you're cut from the same cloth, you'll be wanting reparations I assume?
    It's a shame that you and your partner weren't there for the old confused guy in the OP of this thread.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    The daughter was ON SCENE. A window was found unlocked. Why didn't the daughter go in?

IMO, if the daughter is not on title, she has no legal authority to authorize ANYONE to enter. Likewise, she really has no authority to enter herself, but if she's willing to "allow" someone else to enter, why wouldn't she just go in herself?

Just another example of everyone expecting the government to take care of them, and anyone they deem in need of "help", regardless of the facts. And on the other hand, the government acting because "just in case/what if", instead of facts.

If y'all notice one day you haven't heard from me or seen me for a while......go about your life and leave me the fuck alone!
    I'll just stop by to make sure the dogs are fed and watered.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    It's a shame that you and your partner weren't there for the old confused guy in the OP of this thread.
    Without knowing what happened, you're making a hell of a lot of assumptions. The worst being that the Troopers weren't justified in shooting him. Without being there and without a much more fleshed out report, you're just raging for no reason. You don't know what happened, neither do I. Maybe wait for more facts. Or you can go throw bricks through windows and set buildings on fire because you're angry.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Bucks County)

Why didn't the daughter go in?

Maybe she didn't want to be the subject of discussion afterwards, knowing there are extremely intelligent evaluators of hindsight.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

maybe emergency services should only respond to emergencies and not keys locked in a car or welfare checks.
    let relatives find their own psychotic or dead family.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Franklin County)

I don't care if there is NEVER a bad outcome. There are some things that do not fall with the purview of what the police should be doing. EVER.

Welfare checks is one of those things, as are all of the "feel good/community policing" things that get posted on social media, like mowing an old lady's lawn (while on duty) or pulling people over to cite some made-up law like "driving without ice cream" and handing out cones to "help" the driver be in compliance.

If a LEO has a charitable heart, let them go out on their own time and find a cause. Doing "good deeds" at taxpayer expense is theft.

I'd also be more ok with someone who kills out of pure bloodlust than one who justifies it as necessary to "help the community". At least the first is being honest with themself. And defunding the police? I'm perfectly ok with removing whatever percentage of their budget would typically cover the annual expense of "welfare check" calls.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lancaster County)

Without knowing what happened, you're making a hell of a lot of assumptions. The worst being that the Troopers weren't justified in shooting him. Without being there and without a much more fleshed out report, you're just raging for no reason. You don't know what happened, neither do I. Maybe wait for more facts. Or you can go throw bricks through windows and set buildings on fire because you're angry.
    What I do know is that we'll only ever hear their side of the story, since that's the only side that's left alive. I also know that it's quite common for police to be not so truthful in their narratives. I'm not saying that's the case here, but there's more than enough evidence that when their career is on the line they will chose to cover their own asses. All too often the investigators are more than willing to not dig any further, even when there's video evidence contrary to the official narrative.

That is a problem that needs to be solved, and it's not the same as BLM's stance on things. I've said it before, as long as they're allowed to investigate themselves, nothing is ever going to change. George Floyd's death could actually have some good if police are going to be held more accountable. But that doesn't mean that I agree with what's been happening to police lately where their fired almost immediately for something that's perceived as being racist. The change I want is a fair investigation, by an actual impartial third party, I know, impossible. There's got to be some middle ground between the police investigating themselves and immediate termination because of public outcry.

The attitudes of many people towards the police can be directly attributed to the attitudes of police to the people they've taken an oath to protect and serve. Personally, I don't like it when I call a cop to assist with something and he acts as though I'm a criminal with something to hide. I don't like being screamed at by a cop just because I beat her ticket in court, and then when I bring it up to her chief he says "she remembers it differently" and completely dismisses her lack of professional behavior. Attitudes of police need to change before anything good can happen. Not every person they encounter is a criminal and deserves to be treated as such. Sadly the days of officer friendly seem to be long gone.

Law abiding persons shouldn't have to fear encounters with the police.

(Berks County)

Why didn't the daughter have a key? My mom always had a key to my place and I still have a key to hers, just for that purpose.(she does not drive, anymore so no key for my place)

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast