Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Hawke optics - anybody use or have experience with them?

Looking for a rimfire scope. They have a lifetime warranty and a lot of features for relatively low cost. Are they any good? I searched the web before posting and it was a mixed bag. Some people had a lot to complain about (including the warranty) and other people couldn't praise them enough.

-Zach

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Hawke optics - anybody use or have experience with them?

I had an older model Sport HD 3x9x40 AO for at least 10 years. It had good optics and a clear focus with the ability to adjust parallax down to 50 feet. Having adjustable parallax is important for a 22 when shooting at close range. I had it mounted on a spring powered air rifle and after years it finally went belly up and lost zero. Hawke did change their warranty recently and you are supposed to have your original printed receipt but I just finished talking with them and they said I didn't and they would check it out for free. I will mail it out tomorrow and keep you posted.

Spring air rifles are much harder on scopes than even the highest powered rifles so I don't think you will have any problems with a .22. And the optics are surprisingly good for around $100. If you are worried about the warranty just stick the receipt in the box and keep it in your attic.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    I had an older model Sport HD 3x9x40 AO for at least 10 years. It had good optics and a clear focus with the ability to adjust parallax down to 50 feet. Having adjustable parallax is important for a 22 when shooting at close range. I had it mounted on a spring powered air rifle and after years it finally went belly up and lost zero. Hawke did change their warranty recently and you are supposed to have your original printed receipt but I just finished talking with them and they said I didn't and they would check it out for free. I will mail it out tomorrow and keep you posted.

Spring air rifles are much harder on scopes than even the highest powered rifles so I don't think you will have any problems with a .22. And the optics are surprisingly good for around $100. If you are worried about the warranty just stick the receipt in the box and keep it in your attic.
    Thank you! I already had ordered the scope anyway. I figured exactly what you said. It is going on a .22. i think it should hold up.

As for air rifles, I'm well aware of how abusive they can be. I have a nitro piston .22 and it kicks hard enough to bruise if you don't hold it correctly.

-Zach

(Bucks County)

I'm using a hawke xb1 on my crossbow and its highly regarded in the crossbow community. I've had no issues with it over the last season and a half. I can't imagine their firearm optics are bad either.