Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Foregrip on AR Pistol?

Planning out an AR pistol build, probably going to go somewhere around 7" to 9" barrel on it, but thinking about a fore grip, whats the legality right now? I know (or think at least) that straight vertical stick type grips are out the window, but are angled like the Magpul AFG or handstops still legal on an AR?

And since were talking AR pistol legalities, how about the braces? Are "blade" and "arm brace" types still good to go? I remember seeing recently that the ATF was considering otherwise, but hadnt seen or heard anything else.

Pretty excited to build another AR. Had so much fun putting together the last one. This time Im building the whole thing instead of ordering a finished upper and parting out the lower. Already ordered a white upper, lower, and 7" M-Lok handguard (I know a lot of people dont like white, its not "tactical" or whatever, but I like the black parts on white look), just waiting for it to be shipped.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Foregrip on AR Pistol?

Everything you mentioned is legal except for a vertical grip.

Have at it.

EDIT: I believe a vert grip CAN be used on a pistol provided the pistol has a length of over XX inches
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(York County)

I thought thats what it was, thanks for confirming. It looks like its over 26" total length starting from the back of the buffer tube to the barrel tip, which mine probably wont be in line with that.

Ive been looking for parts online all day today, and Im finding just about everything except the barrel. Googling "AR15 barrel" and every site on the first page is sold out of just about all their 5.56 barrels. I guess Ill have to wait a while to be able to grab one.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
    I thought thats what it was, thanks for confirming. It looks like its over 26" total length starting from the back of the buffer tube to the barrel tip, which mine probably wont be in line with that.

Ive been looking for parts online all day today, and Im finding just about everything except the barrel. Googling "AR15 barrel" and every site on the first page is sold out of just about all their 5.56 barrels. I guess Ill have to wait a while to be able to grab one.
    Challenge accepted.
    I don't want to see a build held up over something as simple as a barrel.

BRB...

I m sure theres a barrel in my stash...

(Allegheny County)

8" Ballistic Advantage - $109 free shipping
    https://www.righttobear.com/Ballisti...abl556003m.htm

7.5" Ballistic Advantage - $123.50 free shipping
    https://aimsurplus.com/ballistic-adv...modern-series/

7.5" generic barrel - $98.00
    https://www.cbcindustries.com/produc...ato-17-110332/

10.5" generic barrel - $99.00
    https://www.cbcindustries.com/produc...-56x45-barrel/

I'm still looking. I didn't realize PISTOL barrels were so hard to find now!

(Allegheny County)

7.5" Stainless generic barrel - $109.15
    https://midstatefirearms.com/75-Stai...el-75ssbrl.htm

7.5" 5.56/.223 Wylde generic barrel - $104.61
    https://midstatefirearms.com/75-556-...rrel-75brl.htm

(York County)

Everythings getting hard to find. I went a week or so ago to check out pistols at my local shop and they were down to pretty much nothing. A couple of the real expensive ARs and AKs still in stock, but no ammo for them. No defensive ammo for common handgun calibers. And a lot of the handgun displays were empty or damn near. They did happen to have a CZ75B tho, which was the first time Id seen one in a shop, so I took it home with me lol.

Ive got another week or 2 before my upper and lower get shipped and delivered anyways, so its not like the barrel is the only thing left holding me up. But I will definitely check out the links you posted. Thanks!

(Allegheny County)

I disregarded any that I found that were $150 and over, but so far, that first one I linked - the 8" Ballistic Advantage - is probably the one I would choose out of the ones I found so far. Free shipping on your entire order with that one.
    BA is a good/trusted brand.
    It all depends on what you want though - that one may be slightly heavier than an "M4" style profile barrel.
    It's not nitride coated, but not a deal breaker - unless that's something you want.

(York County)

I was kind of thinking of a Wylde barrel, but the more I think about it, I dont really need it on a pistol build, probably be better off getting one for my 16" rifle build.

I was looking at that one too out of the ones you posted. Right in the middle of the 7-9 inch Ive been thinking about, and free shipping is always good. Tbh I dont know about coatings/linings much. Used to be chrome lined was the way to go. At least thats what I read long ago. I take good care of my barrels tho anyways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast