I have an XSE Commander with the ugly duckbill grip safety. I am trying to fit a Wilson Drop in Grip Safety in its place. I have gotten it fit to where it functions properly using the axle of the thumb safety to hold it in place. I have also tried using the MSH pin to hold the grip safety in place, again no binding. I am retaining the factory Colt Ambi safety. Once I put the thumb safety in place properly in the frame though, it is causing the grip safety to bind. It binds worse when the thumb safety is disengaged. With the thumb safety disengaged, you can hardly move the grip safety at all. In fact, if you grip the gun with the thumb safety on and put it off, then let go of the grip safety, most of the time, the grip safety remains completely engaged and the gun will fire. You can barely move the grip safety enough to cause it to disengage if you try.

I have already gotten suggestions about the axle of the thumb safety causing the bind, and suggestions to clean up the hole in the grip safety and have taken some emory cloth to the hole with no improvement. Does anyone have any idea how the thumb safety could be causing the grip safety to bind? I'm really stumped.

AJ