Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon MRO

Default Trijicon MRO

Been watching classifieds waiting on a chance to,snag an MRO at a price I like. My question is what is the deal with the serial numbers? People seem to want a post 89k serial number optic. Is there a major quality difference between the pre and post 89k units?

(Chester County)

Default Re: Trijicon MRO

The newer ones supposedly have less of a bluer tint and a true 1x magnification whereas the originals provided a very slight 1.05x magnification which can mess with you when shooting both eyes open. I have 3 pre 89k serials and they are all just fine to me. I guess if you can get a smoking deal, don*t worry about the serial #. It is a fantastic red dot regardless of the generation.

(Bucks County)

Anyone running one on a AR pistol? I'm thinking of getting one for a 10.5 5.56.

I don't think I'm going to put BUS on it so I want something good that will hold it's zero.

My only concern is that it will be a bit big and bulky. Any other recommendations for something decent, that's under $500 are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Anyone running one on a AR pistol? I'm thinking of getting one for a 10.5 5.56.

I don't think I'm going to put BUS on it so I want something good that will hold it's zero.

My only concern is that it will be a bit big and bulky. Any other recommendations for something decent, that's under $500 are welcome.
    It's a great optic with great glass, my other recommendation would be the Holosun 515 GM it's bomb proof. If you want to stay assembled in America Sig's version of the Holosun 515 GM which is most likely imported parts and assembled here in America is the Romeo 4T which can be found around the $500.00 mark give or take a few bucks. I have used the MRO many times and it's really great with excellent FOV in that big lens. I personally own the 515 GM and I really really like it since it's packed with a ton of features in a upgraded housing, and can really be put to the test. I have no experience with the Romeo 4T, I know they are used by some federal LE and have seen them tested on the net with great results. I have other Sig Options like the Romeo 5, I have several of them and they are the best budget dot on the market especially when they were $99.00, but even at $130-$150.00 I would still rank them the same so I would feel confident owning a 4T.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlyers13 View Post
    The newer ones supposedly have less of a bluer tint and a true 1x magnification whereas the originals provided a very slight 1.05x magnification which can mess with you when shooting both eyes open. I have 3 pre 89k serials and they are all just fine to me. I guess if you can get a smoking deal, don*t worry about the serial #. It is a fantastic red dot regardless of the generation.
    I also have 3 pre 89K and they're just fine to me. I suspect the serial # thing is a little overblown. When I spoke to Trijicon, I think they believe that as well but as they say, "the customer is always right."
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

My main concern with the MRO is that there's some testing out there that seems to suggest that it has a lot more parallax error than other red dots.

(Bucks County)

Also looking at the Aimpoint PRO.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Also looking at the Aimpoint PRO.
    I have the PRO, I can tell you it's going to be way bigger than the MRO. The default mount also has a knob that sticks out a huge amount.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    I have the PRO, I can tell you it's going to be way bigger than the MRO. The default mount also has a knob that sticks out a huge amount.
    That is one of my concerns for an AR pistol. I want something semi small without a lot of shit hanging off it. I'm also considering an RMR type.

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    My main concern with the MRO is that there's some testing out there that seems to suggest that it has a lot more parallax error than other red dots.
    I cannot answer that, I am sure justin can since he has more experiance.

InRange Tv is slowly testing all the American made red dot optics and the Romeo 4T is the 4rd or 4th they have done so far. It has 0 shift.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast