Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default Moving between states... non-resident LTCF Revokation?

My friend is a current holder of a non-resident PA LTCF and is considering a move to a different state where he anticipates it may take a few months to receive his residential state concealed carry license. Between the period of time where he leaves his current state and moves to the new state, he may not maintain a concealed carry license in his state of residence. I know that Title 18 Section 6109 Subsection (i) states that a license shall be revoked if one no longer maintains a concealed carry license in his state of residence per subsection (e)(1).

What is the best way to navigate this? I assume he should contact his issuing sheriff to update his address, and if they ask if he still maintains a non-resident concealed carry license, answer truthfully, leading to a license revocation since they have no leeway in whether it can be revoked or not (per statute). Does this have any other negative impacts or is it just a one-time revocation? Is it preferred to cancel the license upon moving to a new home state to avoid the dark mark of a revocation? And in addition, in the case that no proof of his new home state license is requested, is it still legal to carry on an un-revoked non-resident PA LTCF if one no longer possess a residential concealed carry license?

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Moving between states... non-resident LTCF Revokation?

If he notifies the sheriff, the sheriff has a duty to revoke the LTCF if the non-resident doesn't have his home state permit/license.

If I were him, I'd stay silent until he has his new home state license/permit -then notify the sheriff of the address change. ....which he really isn't required to do.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!