Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Mogantown August 8th & 9th?

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    I will sell you a couple hundred rounds for only sixty cents each... poofa discount!
    Can I get some .556 @$1.00ea?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I'll bet that if and when this lets up more people will enlarge their ammo supplies.
    That'll be me. I thought I had enough 'baseline' built up to just occasionally replenish, but recent events/shortages have convinced me that baseline is too low.
    DGAF

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    That'll be me. I thought I had enough 'baseline' built up to just occasionally replenish, but recent events/shortages have convinced me that baseline is too low.
    I can relate to that.

Show Report:

Masks mandatory unless you have a medical issue and once inside compliance is 60% or less. NATO ammo is ludicrously priced but odd ball stuff is as usual. Mags are plentiful (for now) and not too bad...Gen2 Pmags for AR-15 are $10/ea at a couple of vendors or you can pay $25 or so for some steel Colts. Ammo cans are up a little, $8 ea for the .50 cal. It looked like a decent selection of everything, there's some sort of Beretta that must have gotten dumped, I forget the model but it looks like an old 9mm. Scotsguards can give you the lowdown on those, they're about $350. More vendors at that show than the last time they held it and a few faces from the Oaks show, including the pickle pecker.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

I got a 1000rd crate of ss109 with your name on it.

(Delaware County)

And it will be sold out 30 minutes after the doors open.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Maybe I'll make a trip out in hopes of finding a box or two of .80/round 9mm...

Shows were bad enough prior to the current debacle. I can only imagine now.
    556/223 was only about 50 cents a round, but the 9mm was up there...

I saw two Anderson stripped lowers at $75 and a few other brands at incredible prices. Not a lot of supply on stripped lowers. I talked with the Eagle Arms guy and he said if the later Oaks show does not go thru, they will likely end up back here instead. Lots of frustration for those folks.
    Last edited by gghbi; August 9th, 2020 at 01:54 AM.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Chester County)

I went to this show this morning with very low expectations. The last show I went to at this venue a couple of years ago only had a handful of tables in the main hall. This show had the main hall as well as a couple of side rooms. A respectable size show all things considered. Two things in short supply were bargains and reloading components, but it was the first show I had been to in six months, so I'm glad I went.

(Lehigh County)

Went to show yesterday. Thought it was decent. Saw some nice guns. Seemed like people were buying. Was worth the drive. Didn*t really buy anything but enjoyed looking around.

(York County)

Went this afternoon. Not too much to add to what's already been said (I'll 'ditto' all the comments above as accurate IMO).

Popular size ammo was in short supply and very expensive. No shock. I'm distressed because I'm down to my last 2K rounds, but I'll wait out the 'shortage' a bit more. (I've typically kept 3K on hand and plan to bump that 'baseline' up to 5K)

Didn't see anything particularly interesting gun-wise. The couple interesting items I saw were well overpriced. I've been toying with the idea of a hi point 995 carbine (I'd like to get a pistol-caliber small carbine generally, and that seems a cheap way to 'test the waters') but they're impossible to find. The few vendors with hi point carbines only had other sizes, and all said 9mm tough to get.

I did see the plethora of Beretta M1951's that someone else mentioned. One vendor had 5 of them, and I saw probably 6 more scattered through the show. $225-250 asking price, probably woulda been easy to pick one up for $200, but I didn't feel the need.

Popped by to introduce myself to Scots Guards, but he was busy doing a PICS form.

The cars were, by the way, really cool and there were a TON more of them behind the 'do not enter' curtains at the end of the tables you could only glimpse. I'll go back some time just to see the cars properly.
    DGAF

(Berks County)

Stopped in today late morning. Nice size. Wasn't crowded. Saw Mickey Rooney. Found out from this helper we have a hard to find item. Complete 22 conversion in original box for a Colt Gov.model 1911.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast