Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Blair County)

Default License to carry process in Blair County moves online, first in Pennsylvania

https://www.wearecentralpa.com/news/...n-pennsylvania

BLAIR COUNTY, Pa. (WTAJ) — The Blair County Sheriff’s Office has announced the first-ever on-line process in Pennsylvania to apply for a license to carry.

Effective immediately, anyone wanting to apply for a license to carry can do so by going to the Blair County Sheriff’s Office website by clicking here.

Once the on-line application is completed, applicants will now also have the ability to make the payment via credit/debit card. Once the completed application is submitted, the Sheriff’s Office will review it and, if completed properly, it will then will be submitted to PICS for approval processing.

Approved applicants will be notified on-line or by telephone or text to schedule an appointment for a photograph and pickup of the approved LTC. Proper photo identification is required to be presented prior to the photo being taken and LTC being issued.

The Blair County Sheriff’s Office said the following in their release:

“We are constantly looking at ways to better service to the community, here another example of
    our effort, by offering a more streamlined process to applying and make payment of LTC. By partnering with Permitium LLC, this new application process allows applications to be submitted anytime day or night, holidays, or weekends. The on-line process will also allow us the ability to reduce the amount of time an individual would spend inside the courthouse, which is important as we face the current COIVD conditions.

We are aware that some individuals may not have access to a computer nor able to apply on
    line, we will continue to offer the conventional handwritten paper applications process and
    money order payment for anyone who would not choose to use the online process.”

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: License to carry process in Blair County moves online, first in Pennsylvania

Why do I have a feeling that someone on here will find an issue to bitch about this.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: License to carry process in Blair County moves online, first in Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Why do I have a feeling that someone on here will find an issue to bitch about this.
    I suppose needing a license in the first place is something to bitch about...

(Bucks County)

Ignore/destroy/violate any part of a constitution, and all of it becomes meaningless.

I phoned Lower Bucks annex today to see if it was in operation. I spoke with a deputy sheriff who informed that they had closed down for only one month. This, despite the website saying it is temporarily closed. I asked when would be the best time to come to renew. He said morning...and then said when they open in the morning there is a line around the building.

I invite anyone to show me where this fits in with the 2nd amendment and our commonwealth constitution which expresses shall not be questioned.

That Bucks has not offered online LTCF service tells me they are enjoying the discouragement factor.
    Last edited by Bang; July 2nd, 2020 at 02:12 PM.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Montgomery County)

Friend in Delco said he could only get an appt in Sept.

I told him to email the app to the sheriff and inform him he has 45 days to act.

(Allegheny County)

In this day and age, there is no valid reason that "online" should not be an option for everyone.

Well, aside from the part where they are trying to dissuade people from applying at all.

Allegheny county is back to Mon-Fri only - by appointment.
    You make the appointment online.
    Currently, the first available appointment is third week of September.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

My license is up next April, I should make an appt in Dec then...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Ignore/destroy/violate any part of a constitution, and all of it becomes meaningless.

I phoned Lower Bucks annex today to see if it was in operation. I spoke with a deputy sheriff who informed that they had closed down for only one month. This, despite the website saying it is temporarily closed. I asked when would be the best time to come to renew. He said morning...and then said when they open in the morning there is a line around the building.

I invite anyone to show me where this fits in with the 2nd amendment and our commonwealth constitution which expresses shall not be questioned.

That Bucks has not offered online LTCF service tells me they are enjoying the discouragement factor.
    Well here's your chance tomorrow to ask him directly:

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."- The Papers of Ben Franklin