Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Gun background checks hit record high in June, a sign of booming sales, FBI reveals

Firearm-related background checks reached 3.9 million in June, the most since the tracking system was created more than two decades ago amid multiple crises in the coronavirus pandemic, an economic downfall and protests over police brutality and racial injustice.

The lastest numbers are the most since the FBI began tracking such checks in 1998.

More than 19 million checks -- a key barometer for gun sales -- were conducted in the first half of 2020, more than all of 2012 and many years prior. Gun sales usually see an uptick in presidential election years over fears an incoming president could restrict access to firearms.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/gun-backg...es-fbi-reveals
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Gun background checks hit record high in June, a sign of booming sales, FBI revea

I happen to know for a fact that more than 3.9 million firearms were purchased in June. Ask me how I know.

Default Re: Gun background checks hit record high in June, a sign of booming sales, FBI revea

A friend of mine is looking for his first gun. We hit a couple of gun stores yesterday. It*s the first time I*ve been in one since this all began. The display cases were mostly empty and very high prices on what they had. It is a sellers market.

I*ve read how people are buying guns and have watched online prices go up....... But the visual of the near empty display cases really brings home how crazy things are.

(Blair County)

if you look at last year if this keeps up we could double last year it was only 28 m we are up to 19 m for this year already .

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    if you look at last year if this keeps up we could double last year it was only 28 m we are up to 19 m for this year already .
    we'll beat last year's number before the election, i'd bet on it.
    -Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
    I happen to know for a fact that more than 3.9 million firearms were purchased in June. Ask me how I know.
    Oooo oooo Tell Me! Tell Me How You Know!
    ΑΣΦ

scruff knows.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

You were with Cruzan?

Rick