Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Pro-Gun Bills Pass PA Senate

Pro-gun Bills Pass PA Senate

HB 1747 and HB 2440 both passed the PA Senate without amendments on a 29-20 vote.

HB 1747 restricts the Governor's power to regulate firearms during a state of emergency and eliminates the requirement for a License to Carry Firearms (LTCF) during a state of emergency.

HB 2440 makes the entire firearms industry life-sustaining.

They bare both on to Governor Wolf. Watch out for a GOA alert in the next day or so.
    Val W. Finnell, MD, MPH | Pennsylvania Director, Gun Owners of America | 703-321-8585

(Columbia County)

Default Re: Pro-Gun Bills Pass PA Senate

Great but unless there is enough votes to override a suspected governor's veto; back to square one.

(Butler County)

I have 0 faith in our GA to get any bills like these through. They've failed over and over again this year to get an override when they had that number on the first try. What are we doing to tip the scales this time?
    -Brandon

(Allegheny County)

I have a better chance of hitting the numbers every day next week than wolf approving this.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

It may end up nowhere but I applaud the Senate for doing this. Our GOP politicians almost always play from the defense, rarely taking the offensive. So let the Wolfster veto and show his tyrannical stripes. But force him to make a decision. Wolf is a bald faced liar. He says his emergency declarations are not intended to affect gun rights, but they do. If he is honest about it he will sign the bills. If not, we know that at any moment Wolf may direct the corrupt AG and partisan Democrat PASP to enforce the anti gun provisions of the declarations and insists on having that power.

The Democrats constantly have us spending money and time to play "whack-a- mole, beating down dozes of infringement bills that will go nowhere. Let them dig into their pockets to fight us for a change.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    It may end up nowhere but I applaud the Senate for doing this. Our GOP politicians almost always play from the defense, rarely taking the offensive. So let the Wolfster veto and show his tyrannical stripes. But force him to make a decision. Wolf is a bald faced liar. He says his emergency declarations are not intended to affect gun rights, but they do. If he is honest about it he will sign the bills. If not, we know that at any moment Wolf may direct the corrupt AG and partisan Democrat PASP to enforce the anti gun provisions of the declarations and insists on having that power.

The Democrats constantly have us spending money and time to play "whack-a- mole, beating down dozes of infringement bills that will go nowhere. Let them dig into their pockets to fight us for a change.
    This is true and I almost feel like our side should act like retards like the dems do. Float all kinds of bills like mandatory gun ownership, constitutional carry, etc.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Butler County)

If he is honest about it he will sign the bills. If not, we know that at any moment Wolf may direct the corrupt AG and partisan Democrat PASP to enforce the anti gun provisions of the declarations and insists on having that power.
    He's not honest, he's already proven that several times over. ANY bill that even slightly threatens his power gets a veto.

It may end up nowhere but I applaud the Senate for doing this. Our GOP politicians almost always play from the defense, rarely taking the offensive.
    I agree with you on the part of the Senate actually trying to be on offense, but without getting *real* bipartisan support for this for the inevitable override that is to follow, it's still useless. We've seen that "support" disappear for EVERY override this year.
    -Brandon

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

It's nice to hear, but this vote went down to party lines in the Senate, minus one democrat vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    This is true and I almost feel like our side should act like retards like the dems do. Float all kinds of bills like mandatory gun ownership, constitutional carry, etc.
    Back in colonial days PA had mandatory gun ownership laws. They were common throughout many of the colonies, particularly those with substantial frontier like PA. So if the jackass Rabb from Philly can cite the WWII fState Guard" statute (which I very much doubt provided that only the State Guard could have "high power" ammuntions) for introducing his PennCorp Antifa militia, let's resurrect some colonial law. Times now are getting to be more dangerous than back then for the average citizen.

(Jefferson County)

Back in colonial days PA had mandatory gun ownership laws. They were common throughout many of the colonies, particularly those with substantial frontier like PA. So if the jackass Rabb from Philly can cite the WWII fState Guard" statute (which I very much doubt provided that only the State Guard could have "high power" ammuntions) for introducing his PennCorp Antifa militia, let's resurrect some colonial law. Times now are getting to be more dangerous than back then for the average citizen.
    From 1792 until 1903 there was a Federal mandatory gun ownership law.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast