Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 20 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: So Mr Lavine signed an order masks mandatory when you leave your home

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    I really wish one of these retards in charge would accept that's the only path forward without a "legit" vaccine.
    Herd immunity is required for vaccines to work also, so it does not matter...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Butler County)

Default Re: So Mr Lavine signed an order masks mandatory when you leave your home

Quote Originally Posted by IronButt View Post
    This must have come about recently, because I've been retired for seven years & my wife who has been a nurse since 1968 is retired six. Over the years I've worked in hospitals, nursing homes & the state prison system, & nobody, at any time, ever said to either of us that we were required to get a flu shot or to wear a mask if I chose not to.
    UPMC definitely did when I used to work there, which ended in 2015. That had been going on for several years before I left too. Even being in IT I was pretty pressured to get it, although not "required" like anyone that interacted with patients.

(Lancaster County)

Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronButt View Post
    This must have come about recently, because I've been retired for seven years & my wife who has been a nurse since 1968 is retired six. Over the years I've worked in hospitals, nursing homes & the state prison system, & nobody, at any time, ever said to either of us that we were required to get a flu shot or to wear a mask if I chose not to.
    You've worked a lot more recently than my wife, so nothing new at all.
    Perhaps it just depends on where you work.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    UPMC definitely did when I used to work there, which ended in 2015. That had been going on for several years before I left too. Even being in IT I was pretty pressured to get it, although not "required" like anyone that interacted with patients.
    I worked at the mother ship - UPMC Presbyterian - in the parking department - and they pushed it on us as well.
    I didn't get them back then, but I have gotten a flu shot annually for years now.
    That said, I'll probably let the guinea pigs feel out the covid vaccine a bit before I roll up my sleeve.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I worked at the mother ship - UPMC Presbyterian - in the parking department - and they pushed it on us as well.
    I didn't get them back then, but I have gotten a flu shot annually for years now.
    That said, I'll probably let the guinea pigs feel out the covid vaccine a bit before I roll up my sleeve.
    Yeah, my wife & I are older now & in the high risk group, so we've been getting the flu shots the last few years. We'll probably get the covid vac, but I'm definitely going to wait a few months after it comes out to see if those who get it grow a third eye or or a tail, or something.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Masks were never mandatory even though the common flu kills thousands every years. Do you really believe that the government is going to give up the power they've accrued since this whole thing started? This is a tyrants wet dream. Most of the population is happy to be controlled, and even more happy to rat out anyone that doesn't comply. I have no doubt that they'll push for mandatory vaccinations.
    Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    The amount of sheep going along with this crap; especially on a forum like PAFOA that is supposedly freedom minded; is disgusting.
    Totally agree -

Our only hope for this country (without violence) is that ALL patriots, who understand the underlying principles that this country was founded upon, stand up RIGHT NOW and push those principles as the answer to our continued leftist-generated problems and ideas. Vote for the most freedom possible.

What are the underlying principles of our country (for those who don't know)?

The following principles are exercised while protecting the same Rights for all others:

Each individual has a personal responsibility for their choices and consequences.

WE THE PEOPLE shall pursue Life, Liberty and Happiness as we see fit!

Our Freedom is more important than someone else's definition of Safety!

Your (and your family's) safety is YOUR responsibility. This is part of the reason
    for the 2nd Amendment guarantee to keep & bear arms.

We have a right to privacy, to protect information about ourselves from others.

We have a right to private property upon which we set the rules.

Government DOES NOT have the right to override our God-given, guaranteed Rights,
    even if WE THE PEOPLE elect officials or make laws that attempt to do so!

============== MUCH MORE CAN BE PROPERLY DEFINED ==============

This whole MANUFACTURED PANIC, based on a real virus which needs medical attention,
    has challenged the very essence of our Constitutional Republic by DISTORTING the TRUTH
    in favor of lies and half-truths that promote the destruction of the above principles.

Mandated Mask Wearing is the latest assault!

(Chester County)

The first time I got the flu shot in my life I got the flu just weeks later.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    The first time I got the flu shot in my life I got the flu just weeks later.
    That is not uncommon. Often people get mild Flu symptoms after a Flu shot, sometimes worse. However Flu shots also don't cover every strain of Flu, so you can still get it, or a version of it. A Flu shot is no guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    That is not uncommon. Often people get mild Flu symptoms after a Flu shot, sometimes worse. However Flu shots also don't cover every strain of Flu, so you can still get it, or a version of it. A Flu shot is no guarantee.
    Which is why there's no cure for the common cold. Viruses mutate & as of now scientists have identified over 200 viruses known to cause symptoms of the common cold.
    https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-...mon-cold-virus
    They could develop 200 vaccines, but nobody's going to voluntarily take 200 shots a year just to keep from getting a cold. Although there aren't nearly as many strains of flu, drs are faced with the same problem each flu season- which flu vac is going to be effective?
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Page 20 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast