Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: So Mr Lavine signed an order masks mandatory when you leave your home

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Thank you for being reasonable on that and In return I will not mock you for being overly cautious.

Before you could remove him you'd have to find him.
    easy throw another BLM protest he'll come to us

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: So Mr Lavine signed an order masks mandatory when you leave your home

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    You Lebanon guys need to get out and support this place: https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/0...ying-crap.html
    why not I'm in Lancaster not a bad drive for me at all.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    We should assemble an OC gathering of POOFers there.
    Yeah!
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    I would bet everyone here has got the flu at one point in their life. What makes you think you are not going to get Covid as well? It's going to happen eventually. Unless you stay isolated in a bunker for a couple years the mask isn't going to save you. You will either live or die. Stop worrying about it. Having half a hospital full of patients is not something to shut down the country over. The media makes it sound like they are bulldozing bodies out of the streets. I don't know anyone that has even gotten sick. Not one person. The company I work for has factories all over the world. Not one person has died from Covid. Only 10 tested positive as of last month. This is bullshit. Most cases where "healthy people" die go like this. He was a perfectly healthy 25 yr old and he died. He was perfectly healthy but he was 100 lbs overweight, smoked and had diabetes. They are destroying our country over a virus that kills almost nobody.
    Yes we will all be exposed eventually. It is unavoidable. That does not change that this disease is no joke and despite the left's politicizing of it it is still real and still deadly. There is no reliable detectable pattern to who gets a mild case and who gets a severe one. Being cautious was about not having a boatload of people in the ICU at the same time while we were development treatments and techniques to treat a new disease that we did not understand.

We know how to care for a flu patient. We know which people are in greater danger. Covid does not follow those patterns.

We just had a dozen Amish patients come through in the last couple of weeks. They attended a funeral of a relative who died of covid and spread it around. They are healthy, not overweight, don't smoke, drink, or use drugs and range in age from young old. They run the gamut from mild symptoms to on the verge of death. They all refused to wear masks, and attended social gatherings.

In New York and New Orleans the body count was higher than one side wants to admit but lower then the other side wants it to be. Both political teams are misusing and abusing cobie 19. But it is real and for many people it is dangerous.

As I said shutting down was not the right thing to do IMNSHO. Teaching people how to properly use and care for masks and conduct hand hygiene would have been much better. Ignoring the disease and just letting people die when it can easily be reduced without infringing on anyone's rights is just as wrong as shutting everything down and imposing tyranny. There is a reasonable middle ground, an Aristotelian mean.

I really try not to hate. But I am really starting to hate the left for politicizing this and making it impossible to talk reasonably to people about reasonable voluntary precautions.

You may not know a single person who has had covid. I don't know a single person who has shot someone in self defense. I still carry a gun just in case.
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

(Lebanon County)

We have been watching dress rehearsals of this for the past 5 years. The Republicans did nothing in Portland or Seattle, or Berkely. Milo Yiannopoulos, and Gavin Mcinnis, and many others have been shut down, and abused, and hung out to dry. Anti leftist voices and organizations have been deplatformed, and demonized. Confederate statues have been being torn down for years. Where were the republicans?

When all of the gun channels were being demonitized where were the repiblicans?

When Democrats shut down the country where were the repiblicans?

You tube, Twitter, twitch and others just purged a boatload of anti leftist people earlier this week and where were the Republicans?

We all turned out and voted Republican in 2016 and many of us campaigned and did outreach in the off year elections since then for the Republicans. What have we gotten for it?
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by truecrimson View Post
    We have been watching dress rehearsals of this for the past 5 years. The Republicans did nothing in Portland or Seattle, or Berkely. Milo Yiannopoulos, and Gavin Mcinnis, and many others have been shut down, and abused, and hung out to dry. Anti leftist voices and organizations have been deplatformed, and demonized. Confederate statues have been being torn down for years. Where were the republicans?

When all of the gun channels were being demonitized where were the repiblicans?

When Democrats shut down the country where were the repiblicans?

You tube, Twitter, twitch and others just purged a boatload of anti leftist people earlier this week and where were the Republicans?

We all turned out and voted Republican in 2016 and many of us campaigned and did outreach in the off year elections since then for the Republicans. What have we gotten for it?
    While I agree with the republicans being weak-kneed, what are you to do, vote democrat for spite? NO...the answer is get better republicans elected in the primaries, then turn out like hell for the elections. If you don't work on getting better republican representation in the primaries, you are part of the problem (generic "you", not necessarily you)

Quote Originally Posted by truecrimson View Post
    Yes we will all be exposed eventually. It is unavoidable. That does not change that this disease is no joke and despite the left's politicizing of it it is still real and still deadly. There is no reliable detectable pattern to who gets a mild case and who gets a severe one. Being cautious was about not having a boatload of people in the ICU at the same time while we were development treatments and techniques to treat a new disease that we did not understand.

We know how to care for a flu patient. We know which people are in greater danger. Covid does not follow those patterns.

We just had a dozen Amish patients come through in the last couple of weeks. They attended a funeral of a relative who died of covid and spread it around. They are healthy, not overweight, don't smoke, drink, or use drugs and range in age from young old. They run the gamut from mild symptoms to on the verge of death. They all refused to wear masks, and attended social gatherings.

In New York and New Orleans the body count was higher than one side wants to admit but lower then the other side wants it to be. Both political teams are misusing and abusing cobie 19. But it is real and for many people it is dangerous.

As I said shutting down was not the right thing to do IMNSHO. Teaching people how to properly use and care for masks and conduct hand hygiene would have been much better. Ignoring the disease and just letting people die when it can easily be reduced without infringing on anyone's rights is just as wrong as shutting everything down and imposing tyranny. There is a reasonable middle ground, an Aristotelian mean.

I really try not to hate. But I am really starting to hate the left for politicizing this and making it impossible to talk reasonably to people about reasonable voluntary precautions.

You may not know a single person who has had covid. I don't know a single person who has shot someone in self defense. I still carry a gun just in case.

Statistically almost nobody. Especially when the data is deliberately manipulated to inflate case numbers so the hospitals get their government pay out. NYC was the worst case scenario. Every other city in the country will never get that bad. NYC handled it. Every other city will be better than that. If people are sick or paranoid about getting sick wear a mask. If people honestly think they are going to die from this and are shopping at Walmart wearing a mask, they are idiots.

Another thing I love is the blatant hypocrisy. When people protested to go back to work they were called murderers and irresponsible by healthcare workers. Then a few weeks later healthcare workers were out protesting for BLM. Standing in front of hospitals taking a knee. Making stupid TicToc videos while hospitals were "overwhelmed" with Covid patients. These people need to shut up and do their jobs.

(Berks County)

Aaaaannnnddddd Berks County's DA has reiterated that he will not be prosecuting anyone for not complying with shim's orders. Is there any reason to even question why the Morgantown Gun show in Berks County has been resuscitated?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

I just Googled the Covid-19 mortality rate in US.

According to the sources from Wikipedia & the New York Times, so far we have a total confirmed 2.85M cases of Covid 19, with 132K deaths. Now unless I'm calculating this wrong, that gives us a mortality rate of 0.21%. According to those figures only a small fraction of one percent of those confirmed positive will die from it.

The highlighted words here tell a more common sense story though. The "experts" have been telling us for months that there are many people walking around who are asymptomatic. Lets just assume that there are as many asymptomatic people walking around, who've never been tested, as those who've actually tested positive. That cuts that small fraction of a percent in half.

But hell. We need to follow the mandates of a pediatrician, whose only qualification for the job of Secretary of Health was that he's a transvestite & made the Wolf administration look even more liberal than it was already. Now we're facing an actual health crisis & we have clowns making shit up as they go along.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronButt View Post
    I just Googled the Covid-19 mortality rate in US.

According to the sources from Wikipedia & the New York Times, so far we have a total confirmed 2.85M cases of Covid 19, with 132K deaths. Now unless I'm calculating this wrong, that gives us a mortality rate of 0.21%. According to those figures only a small fraction of one percent of those confirmed positive will die from it.

The highlighted words here tell a more common sense story though. The "experts" have been telling us for months that there are many people walking around who are asymptomatic. Lets just assume that there are as many asymptomatic people walking around, who've never been tested, as those who've actually tested positive. That cuts that small fraction of a percent in half.

But hell. We need to follow the mandates of a pediatrician, whose only qualification for the job of Secretary of Health was that he's a transvestite & made the Wolf administration look even more liberal than it was already. Now we're facing an actual health crisis & we have clowns giving the orders.
    Undiagnosed positives is a great unknown and an estimate that I heard last week was 10x the known rate of infection.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast