Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Seeing far fewer deer this year...think one guy might be responsible..

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    My land, my resources.
    And my opinion as well.

This its 'for everybody' is the exact liberal communist redistribution mentality thats ruining crap. Pretty sure thats how all the offroads trails became bullshit walking path for karens.

Default Re: Seeing far fewer deer this year...think one guy might be responsible..

I highly doubt the collective opinions of the local rumor mill are correct. Deer go where the food is. If there are too many deer they move on. He may be feeding the deer, or put in food plots, so now they're not eating your shrubs. Maybe he is poaching, but IMO to unleash the PGC on him with nothing more than suspicion is wrong.

A bunch of years ago a neighbor a mile down the road had their turkey fryer knocked over by a bear. The PGC tried to blame me because my place was a prior hunting camp with a corn feeder (long since retired) I wasn't home when the warden came sniffing around, but the girlfriend was and gave him an earful. I would have thrown him the fuck off the property and told to stay the fuck off without a warrant. The cocksucker literally used that complaint just to sniff around, no other reason.

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    And my opinion as well.

This its 'for everybody' is the exact liberal communist redistribution mentality thats ruining crap. Pretty sure thats how all the offroads trails became bullshit walking path for karens.
    Fair and free access of public lands has absolutely nothing to do with wildlife management, conservation, or the preservation of a resource for future generations of gun owning hunters.

But okay YAY FREEDOM! and FUCK all the "liberals" and shit!
    Last edited by Hodgie; July 1st, 2020 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    I highly doubt the collective opinions of the local rumor mill are correct. Deer go where the food is. If there are too many deer they move on. He may be feeding the deer, or put in food plots, so now they're not eating your shrubs. Maybe he is poaching, but IMO to unleash the PGC on him with nothing more than suspicion is wrong.

A bunch of years ago a neighbor a mile down the road had their turkey fryer knocked over by a bear. The PGC tried to blame me because my place was a prior hunting camp with a corn feeder (long since retired) I wasn't home when the warden came sniffing around, but the girlfriend was and gave him an earful. I would have thrown him the fuck off the property and told to stay the fuck off without a warrant. The cocksucker literally used that complaint just to sniff around, no other reason.
    I would agree that actual proof would be nice. I have always made it my business to know my neighbors in order to gauge what kind of people they are so maybe just a friendly knock on the door and a conversation is in order. Maybe he is wondering where they deer are as well this year.

(Wayne County)

Also take note if any predators have entered the area. Last year coyotes set up shop unbeknownst to me under the shed of my neighbor a few doors down. I'd seen them/heard them somewhat regularly, but couldn't pinpoint their origin. Ran all the does off early, and only bucks made 90% of the appearances. Deer population seemed to be cut big time, but they had just relocated a bit. The does were just holed up in the thickets about a 1/2 mile away closer to the river.
    I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by glocke12 View Post
    Up until about 2 years ago we had a sizable deer population in my area and it was not uncommon for me to see a half dozen or more deer wandering through my property.

This year, I've not seen any during the daytime, and the game camera I have setup has shown only a doe and two fawns on my property, whereas in the past I'd see up to a dozen.

This guy probably owns 20 acres or so at least and I know he's got multiple tree stands up, Im able to see them from trails that are adjacent to, but not on his property...

Rumor from some other neighbors has it that the guy who bought the property behind me may be hunting year round now, and if it was just one guy saying this Id dismiss it but there are two people who have mentioned this now and that coupled with the reduced deer populations has me thinking there might be some truth to it.

I'm not anti-hunting, and understand that fewer deer are better than more deer from a resource standpoint, but still hunting out of season even on your own property is basically poaching correct?
    The next time you're going down the road at night with your family in the car and a deer doesn't dart out of the woods and you don't hit it with your car injuring you and your family and tearing up your car thank the guy that's shooting them pieces of chit. I wish my neighbor that owns a fairly good size farm on the other side of the road would do the same thing. Riding a motorcycle in the evening becomes an event that challenges even the mightiest of under drawers.

My side yard at night.

Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by glocke12 View Post
    Up until about 2 years ago we had a sizable deer population in my area and it was not uncommon for me to see a half dozen or more deer wandering through my property.

This year, I've not seen any during the daytime, and the game camera I have setup has shown only a doe and two fawns on my property, whereas in the past I'd see up to a dozen.

This guy probably owns 20 acres or so at least and I know he's got multiple tree stands up, Im able to see them from trails that are adjacent to, but not on his property...

Rumor from some other neighbors has it that the guy who bought the property behind me may be hunting year round now, and if it was just one guy saying this Id dismiss it but there are two people who have mentioned this now and that coupled with the reduced deer populations has me thinking there might be some truth to it.

I'm not anti-hunting, and understand that fewer deer are better than more deer from a resource standpoint, but still hunting out of season even on your own property is basically poaching correct?
    Come down to where I live. Plenty of deer running around right now. In the last week, I*ve almost collided with three bucks while cruising the back roads....during the day.

If one were truly interested, I suppose setting a game camera on the stand(s) visible from the adjacent trails not on "his" property may or may not provide an answer.

Rick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12