Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Philly cop/NJ carry

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    YOU knowing LEOSA laws is irrelevant.
    The stazi in the state, giving you a taste of steel bracelets, is the one you pray knows them, assuming they care and don't just throw the "let the judge sort it out" cop-out.
    That's true to a degree, but you should always know the law to the letter and have the documentation to back it up.
    Sometimes that can be enough to get you through, sometimes it can't, but you should always be prepared.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Friend of mine just retired LEO went for his Qual. Test here in Jersey.....told me he cannot carry HP ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post
    This editorial is a little sparse on confirmable details, but apparently they didn't allow LEOSA to be mentioned at the trial at all, or the LEO status of the defendant.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...hat-correctly/
    New Jersey really sucks! This is why if there was ever a national concealed carry bill I still would not carry in NJ as they would find some way to haul you into court despite the law.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Friend of mine just retired LEO went for his Qual. Test here in Jersey.....told me he cannot carry HP ammo.
    Another interesting issue...the hollow point in New Jersey. The leosa was amended to address ammo. The amendment states that for purposes of this act, any ammo not restricted by federal law is permitted. H.P.s are not restricted by federal statute.

As far as the plus 10 mags, there are exceptions to the statement within the act, " state law not withstanding" mostly regarding private and public property where an LEO cannot carry under the act in question. Mag capacity is not among the exceptions.

Law enforcement officers are very mindful when carrying in Jersey. and most will not violate their state law, but someday an officer will read the LEOSA in its entirety and test the legal waters intentionally or otherwise. It should be very interesting.

By the way plosive, unless jersey changed their policy, there is no provision for leosa qualification.for retired officers......only jersey state permit until the officer reaches 70 years of age.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    NJ restricts retired LE living in that communist state from carrying HP ammo......in direct conflict with LEOSA.

They also make in-state retired LE get a firearms license, much like our license to carry firearms, again....in direct conflict with LEOSA.

Out of state active and retired LE, covered under LEOSA can carry HP ammo.
    Last edited by Steve in PA; June 30th, 2020 at 11:09 PM.

(Bucks County)

Above is correct. I retired from an agency in N.J. Had I stayed in that fetid cesspool I would have had to pay the fees and comply with the onerous process to get a N.J. license to carry firearms.
    Several of my retired friends are still there and do just that. They carry critical defense ammo. When I stray across the border, I carry ,45 cal. flying ashtrays.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    Above is correct. I retired from an agency in N.J. Had I stayed in that fetid cesspool I would have had to pay the fees and comply with the onerous process to get a N.J. license to carry firearms.
    Several of my retired friends are still there and do just that. They carry critical defense ammo. When I stray across the border, I carry ,45 cal. flying ashtrays.
    if you gotta carry FMJ, carry big fat FMJs...

a .357 SJSP could do the trick as well.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    New Jersey really sucks! This is why if there was ever a national concealed carry bill I still would not carry in NJ as they would find some way to haul you into court despite the law.
    Yes. I am pretty sure that they would disregard the carry law and get away with it, for at least a significant period of time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12