Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&W Shield

Default Re: S&W Shield

Quote Originally Posted by pa350z View Post
    That is a fair price given the times. On a side note, I completed Reid Henrich's Pistol Craft 1 class with a first gen Shield 9 with no problems. Excellent pistol IMHO.
    How was his course?

(York County)

We've got 2. My wife's EDC is a Shield 9mm, mine is a Shield .45

Both have been great. Good accuracy for the size, I like the trigger feel, extended mags in both, easy to strip and clean.

I don't keep track, but I've easily put a few thousand rounds through both and never a single misfire/jam.
    DGAF

(Chester County)

Put the Apex trigger in my gen1 and wow. Far better than my other 2.0 M&Ps stock triggers. Will keep them stock for now as they're fine. But the Apex just plain surprises me when it goes off.

(Berks County)

Anybody here remember when they first came out and were as hard to find as the new 2020 Pythons are today? They were $700 back then even $50 more. I scored one at the bottom $199. I figured that was going to be the used price or lower from then on. They were worth the $700 if judged by their performance. They hold up. Personally I think they feel like a bar of soap in the hand, but I like them. The M&P 9 sub compact feels better to me but it costs more and is thicker. If I needed another shield I would have no problem paying $340. Everyone needs at least one shield (in each caliber).
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    How was his course?
    It was outstanding! Well worth the price and journey to northeastern Tennessee. Looking at his Rifleman 1 class for this fall or next year. The only downside was that when I took Pistol Craft 1, it was first week of September and it was hot as balls down there. He runs his courses as two solid days. Expect to be in his class room and on the range from 8amish to 5pmish. No breaks other than what you get to reload. You need to take a cooler full of gatorade and food.
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12