Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Columbia County)

Default Re: Seeing a lot of foxes this year.

What I hate is the Wolf in the governor's office.
    Last edited by eagleclaw; July 5th, 2020 at 04:46 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    Stop feeding those damn feral cats!

We had this guy that started feeding them a number of years ago and all the neighborhood ended up with was 20-30 aggressive feral cats, spreading disease, ticks and fleas, pooping everywhere, killing all the birds that eat the insects, tearing up the trash, howling and fighting all night, etc.

Hopefully PA will get to the point Australia and New Zealand got to and recognize how destructive feral cats are to the ecosystem. It's at a point in both countries where it may be past the point salvage as they kill so many native animals every year, so it is open season on all of them.
    I wish the crazy old guy across the street understood this.His backyard and garage is pretty much a sanctuary for all the stray cats in the neighborhood.He has several food bowls situated around his yard.
    There used to be plenty of cardinals and blue jays in the area and I suspect his stable of stray cats has something to do with their absence the past few years.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    I wish the crazy old guy across the street understood this.His backyard and garage is pretty much a sanctuary for all the stray cats in the neighborhood.He has several food bowls situated around his yard.
    There used to be plenty of cardinals and blue jays in the area and I suspect his stable of stray cats has something to do with their absence the past few years.
    Cats kill birds for fun, not for food. Anytime there is growth in feral cats in the area, the bird population drops significantly.

People think they are helping feral cats by feeding them, but it just ensures they live long enough to propagate and once the feral cat population grows so large, it's like locusts that consume everything. It's an epidemic in PA but people are still in looney tune la la land over it thinking these are "pets". They are not pets.

Also I like the foxes because they eat the cats on occasion. Have seen them on the trail cam with them and also saw a fox in broad daylight last fall trying to get one in my backyard.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    Cats kill birds for fun, not for food.
    Oh I know,same with mice unless they are starving which they are far from in the case I brought up.
    I'm no herper but if I collected and kept large snakes and monitor lizards I would clear out those cats in no time.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Berks County)

My cats have all the dry food they can eat but they still hunt. Mostly mice but an occasional bird's or rabbit's remnants show up out front. For the most part they eat their catch. I've had cats for ten years or so now and there are foxes around and I have yet to lose one to a fox.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Me too,while waiting for wife to shop at crossings .

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    My cats have all the dry food they can eat but they still hunt. Mostly mice but an occasional bird's or rabbit's remnants show up out front. For the most part they eat their catch. I've had cats for ten years or so now and there are foxes around and I have yet to lose one to a fox.
    A healthy full sized cat is more than any fox wants to deal with. Years ago one of my medium size female cats stood face to face with a very loud barking fox (woke me up). I watched through a window as the fox would do some fake charges and danced around while she just sat there and stared it down.
    They were 20-30 feet apart. Finally, I wanted to go back to bed so tapped on the window and the fox took off.

So is this event a fox spotting party, or a fox BBQ?
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Bucks County)

All I have read about foxes, they will not take on a grown cat. There may be occasional exceptions for various reasons.

Three cats wander our area. I have never seen any of them bother the birds. I have seen them lazily reclining within dashing distance of feeding birds with little interest. We have a large assortment of birds. Crossing our patio is dangerous. One could get beaked by stepping into a flight path.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    All I have read about foxes, they will not take on a grown cat. There may be occasional exceptions for various reasons.

Three cats wander our area. I have never seen any of them bother the birds. I have seen them lazily reclining within dashing distance of feeding birds with little interest. We have a large assortment of birds. Crossing our patio is dangerous. One could get beaked by stepping into a flight path.
    My cats look at birds the same way I look at a thick ribeye on the grill.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast