Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Question Springfield Hellcat

Anyone got a Hellcat yet? I reall like what im seeing about it so far. Haven't been able to touch one yet but soon lol

Default Re: Springfield Hellcat

A friend has one, he likes it.

(Allegheny County)

I had the chance to shoot it during the Springfield Armory Event at Keystone Shooting Center last December. I didn't like anything about it. My buddy shot it too, he said "its o.k., nothing special"

Shagreobe, I think that Keystone had one up on their rental wall - don't know if they still do, its been a while since I was up there last. Call and check if you want to try it out.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

I have one and love it! I even have large hands and can handle it well. I like the ergonomics of it better than the Sig 365. The sights are incredible! I even threw a Romeo Zero on mine to try a red dot. They take a lot of getting used to for target acquisition as fast as open sights but we are getting there.......again. (I had taken it off due to no practice time).
    No miss-feeds in over 500 rounds of all hollow points from four makers. Very comfortable to carry and it's accurate for a small three inch barreled sub compact.
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

I looked at both the Hellcat and the P365 and settled on the P365. The guns are about the same size and ergonimics-wise, but I thought the Hellcat felt like a cheaper copy of the P365. By cheaper I mean quality, not price because the Hellcat at my LGS was a whopping $9 more than the P365. While I was looking at the Hellcat, I handed it to my wife and asked her opinion without voicing mine, and she said the exact same thing I was thinking.

To each their own. I just like my P365 better.

(Westmoreland County)

Well, after not wanting to wait 2+ hours to get into the gun show yesterday, We went to the dunhams store around the corner from the convention ctr, and I looked at on...wifey said if you want it get it, so...im not stupid, Told the girel i'd take it...going out after wife get off work to shoot yippee!

(Lehigh County)

We will be waiting for a field report posthaste...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Westmoreland County)

Well, put about 75 rounds through it, like 3 different brands/types of ammo. Not 1 problem. It feels just a tad bigger in the grip than the P365, but is basically the same size. Love the sights. that round rear sight makes it easier to bring it back on the target I think. All in all, not bad at all. May have to make it an EDC after another round of rounds. Only drawback if I had to have one...the smaller magazine my pinky finger kind of hangs over the bottom, but it does the same on any of the smaller guns we have (p365, bersa Bp9)
    Best part of all is the wifey dont like it, so its mine! but, i'll probably have to give up my sd9ve or xds. She likes both of them lol

Who the hell named this thing? I would have called it the Springfield Glocknockoff.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by shagreobe View Post
    It feels just a tad bigger in the grip than the P365, but is basically the same size. Love the sights. that round rear sight makes it easier to bring it back on the target
    This is why I passed on the Sig 365. My hand didn't fit well at all on the Sig but fit very well on the Hellcat. And the sights are the best I have ever used on a small carry pistol. I shot both and the SA was the winner. With the Sig Romeo Zero mounted, I can switch off co-witnessing the sights without any issues. I know Springfield Armory doesn't get much love from those who will always remember them from the Illinois debacle but they oversee a good quality Croatian made gun in the Hellcat.
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!