Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: So the PA AG wants to log ammo with background checks

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post

THAT is exactly what needs to change.

But it won't.

Fact remains the overwhelming majority of gun owners are basically Karens. They have their gun to protect themselves... but they still outwardly won't stand up and defend their right to have it.
    Yes KC that is a fact. Also just as true, if the "karen" won't defend their right, they will lose it. The anti crowd are more than happy to stand up.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    Fact remains the overwhelming majority of gun owners are basically Karens. They have their gun to protect themselves... but they still outwardly won't stand up and defend their right to have it.[/COLOR]
    A very large part of that seems to be due to who they feel/experience is in control of social norms. In at least some circles, being an outspoken anti gun advocate is deemed favorably where being pro gun is perceived as being against good things like safety, politeness, etc. Reversing THAT is what should be our immediate goal, but I suppose many people don't know how to assert ourselves as the presumptive social norm rather than outside it. Putting ourselves as the predominant culture is what MUST happen. It COULD happen with the new gun owners who now could speak up and identify themselves to those who think we don't exist or that we're not like them.

The longstanding error of when we had a public voice in the NRA was their continued idiotic association of gun ownership with hunting, isolating ourselves out of cities and suburbs and well over 2/3 of the population base. It is no mistake then why the high population area politicians, media, academics, and entertainment deliberately use that connection as a smear to force us into as small a cultural segment as possible. The non-gun owning and/or non-pro gun populous for vastly too long has looked at themselves in the mirror and checks off two questionnaire boxes: am I a hunter or am I a criminal--if no and no then I'm not a gun owner and they are not my crowd and it's not for me, ever. Again, IDIOTS on our side did nothing about this for a generation or two, EVERY time putting on camo or orange to march/rally at state capitols and whatever other public appearance.

Just now in the last 15 years or so has this been attempted to be remedied, with varying degrees of success in places here and there. Pretty much these days almost everyone has one or two modern rifles. Lady gun ownership and daily carry and competitive participation is way, way up and that's a good thing. The next step in the process is for us to start correcting and standing up the the Karens, make it not cool to be them anymore. We have the numbers, we just need to start acting like it. Quite honestly I thought we had this figured out sometime around 6-8 years ago, no idea why we didn't have this won and over with already. Our side keeps making excuses instead of wins.
    Last edited by Yellowfin; June 28th, 2020 at 02:21 PM.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    A very large part of that seems to be due to who they feel/experience is in control of social norms. In at least some circles, being an outspoken anti gun advocate is deemed favorably where being pro gun is perceived as being against good things like safety, politeness, etc. Reversing THAT is what should be our immediate goal, but I suppose many people don't know how to assert ourselves as the presumptive social norm rather than outside it. Putting ourselves as the predominant culture is what MUST happen. It COULD happen with the new gun owners who now could speak up and identify themselves to those who think we don't exist or that we're not like them.

The longstanding error of when we had a public voice in the NRA was their continued idiotic association of gun ownership with hunting, isolating ourselves out of cities and suburbs and well over 2/3 of the population base. It is no mistake then why the high population area politicians, media, academics, and entertainment deliberately use that connection as a smear to force us into as small a cultural segment as possible. The non-gun owning and/or non-pro gun populous for vastly too long has looked at themselves in the mirror and checks off two questionnaire boxes: am I a hunter or am I a criminal--if no and no then I'm not a gun owner and they are not my crowd and it's not for me, ever. Again, IDIOTS on our side did nothing about this for a generation or two, EVERY time putting on camo or orange to march/rally at state capitols and whatever other public appearance.

Just now in the last 15 years or so has this been attempted to be remedied, with varying degrees of success in places here and there. Pretty much these days almost everyone has one or two modern rifles. Lady gun ownership and daily carry and competitive participation is way, way up and that's a good thing. The next step in the process is for us to start correcting and standing up the the Karens, make it not cool to be them anymore. We have the numbers, we just need to start acting like it. Quite honestly I thought we had this figured out sometime around 6-8 years ago, no idea why we didn't have this won and over with already. Our side keeps making excuses instead of wins.
    Yep
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post

We have seen the MSM react to various groups complaints over time:

"We have the right to own guns and protect ourselves."
    MSM: "Extremist cranks, ignore them."

"Fathers have rights too, when it comes to abortions, and child custody."
    MSM: "Uneducated misogynists, mock them."

"It's probably a bad idea to kill all American industries and let the Chinese make all our antibiotics and military components."
    MSM: "Xenophobic Nazis. Shame them."

"Every single white person has inherent privilege in this racist society, all white cops are hunting down and murdering innocent black men for no reason, we should eliminate police and ban guns and erase history!!!"
    MSM: "Finally, some common sense that we can get behind! Where do we sign up?"
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    We have seen the MSM react to various groups complaints over time:

"We have the right to own guns and protect ourselves."
    MSM: "Extremist cranks, ignore them."

"Fathers have rights too, when it comes to abortions, and child custody."
    MSM: "Uneducated misogynists, mock them."

"It's probably a bad idea to kill all American industries and let the Chinese make all our antibiotics and military components."
    MSM: "Xenophobic Nazis. Shame them."

"Every single white person has inherent privilege in this racist society, all white cops are hunting down and murdering innocent black men for no reason, we should eliminate police and ban guns and erase history!!!"
    MSM: "Finally, some common sense that we can get behind! Where do we sign up?"
    This all proceeds from the model of the media telling society what to think. Buckminster Fuller had the solution to that: change the model of things to where they're obsolete, to where their ability to assert their opinion no longer applies. Our side made the mistake of appealing to the media to receive their blessing instead of being the one dictating terms to them. Notice how the last one was a statement of assertion of values which allows for its opposite only to be perceived as being wrong. Notice that it was the one that worked.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Wayne County)

If the shit ever hits the fan, the first ones to go should be MSM.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    How would you suggest we do that ??? Do tell.
    If you need suggestions then you dont have the required mindset.

(Bucks County)

25 cents a day. One quarter. One round (or most of one with today's pricing) of 223. At the end of each month donate your quarters to your group of choice...GOA, FPC, 2AF are my preferences, but whatever floats your boat. If 110 million people did this, we could beat all the Bloombergs back into their dark little holes in short order.
    To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Handyandy View Post
    25 cents a day. One quarter. One round (or most of one with today's pricing) of 223. At the end of each month donate your quarters to your group of choice...GOA, FPC, 2AF are my preferences, but whatever floats your boat. If 110 million people did this, we could beat all the Bloombergs back into their dark little holes in short order.
    Can you make that into a commercial with Sarah Mclachlan singing, and maybe some needy looking guns in the background?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Can you make that into a commercial with Sarah Mclachlan singing, and maybe some needy looking guns in the background?
    I think this would be more suitable.

https://youtu.be/7QqVpZdzBZM
    To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast