Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Am i the only non NRA member?

We closely screen/vet all prospective candidates for membership to my gun club. If you*re not a member of the NRA we award you -20 points.

https://www.tri-townsa.com/

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post
    Wayne did stand up when it was needed most....after Newtown. That was an unpopular stance but he held firm.

Why does nobody give credit where credit is due?
    Because we had a republican president and a republican house and they pushed absolutely nothing to get rid of gun control laws.

And as I said they want a stalemate. They'll put up a defense when there is an attack but won't do shit when they can make an advance.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Because we had a republican president and a republican house and they pushed absolutely nothing to get rid of gun control laws.

And as I said they want a stalemate. They'll put up a defense when there is an attack but won't do shit when they can make an advance.
    Since the Trump administration the house did pass the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017. However it was doubtful that they would get the 60 votes needed to get it to the floor of the Senate. Then the parkland shooting occurred which made that unlikely task impossible.

Not exactly the NRA's fault.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    I'm not one to tell one how to spend their money, but kudos to the OP for researching before deciding.

-bullet point: Wayne Lapierre can not be voted for or against by the rank and file. His position is allegedly decided by the B.O.D.

Ollie North, Chris Cox, and other's tried to get him out & failed. So much for change from within.

https://www.thetrace.org/2019/05/was...lly-unanimous/

Personally I haven't given them a dime since the bumpstock fiasco, and my new mantra is "Not till Wayne's gone"
    One should NEVER rely on anything thetrace.org puts out on on guns since they are a Bloomberg funded anti-gun organization, masquerading as something else.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Bucks County)

I joined the GOA and the ASA when I let my NRA membership lapse this year. It seems like once it expires, all of the junk mail from them stops.

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    I'm not one to tell one how to spend their money, but kudos to the OP for researching before deciding.

-bullet point: Wayne Lapierre can not be voted for or against by the rank and file. His position is allegedly decided by the B.O.D.

Ollie North, Chris Cox, and other's tried to get him out & failed. So much for change from within.

https://www.thetrace.org/2019/05/was...lly-unanimous/

Personally I haven't given them a dime since the bumpstock fiasco, and my new mantra is "Not till Wayne's gone"
    I*ve defended the NRA many times, but find myself in a similar position. I am well beyond a life time member. (Probably some super secret level by now ). About a year ago they asked me for more money. (I have given them a lot over the years). I responded *I will not give them a cent more until Wayne is gone and they show that they are completely supporting the 2nd.

They are the gorilla in the room. I have a more positive view of them and their influence than many. I want to give them money but do not think it is currently the best investment on my part. There are other gun groups that I think are a better investment and will gladly fund them right now while I wait for the NRA to re earn my investment in them.
    Last edited by internet troll; June 26th, 2020 at 11:56 PM.

No and I never will be again. They pissed me off over a few things, so never again. They don't have all gun owners best interests, in mind.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    Belonged to NRA for years.

Finally had enough. Too much nonsense internally, too little real advocacy externally.

GOA all the way.
    Why not both? The NRA is the largest player in DC and moves like yours only weaken their (read: our) position in DC.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

I just upgraded from Life Endowment to Life Patron

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post
    Wayne did stand up when it was needed most....after Newtown. That was an unpopular stance but he held firm.

Why does nobody give credit where credit is due?
    Because later the NRA stabbed gun owners in the back by supporting classifying bump stocks as machine guns that led to them becoming contraband?
    Last edited by esh21167; June 27th, 2020 at 12:39 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast