Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Am i the only non NRA member?

Been a member for most years since I was 16. I think I'm paid thru 2025. Then I might be done.

Not one more penny for the Wayne LaPierre mansion fund or his $6mil annual salary/benes.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Wyoming County)

I'm not one to tell one how to spend their money, but kudos to the OP for researching before deciding.

-bullet point: Wayne Lapierre can not be voted for or against by the rank and file. His position is allegedly decided by the B.O.D.

Ollie North, Chris Cox, and other's tried to get him out & failed. So much for change from within.

*As most of us expected, it wasn*t really a vote,* Rob Pincus, an NRA member and firearms trainer from New Jersey, said in a post on his Facebook page. *It was more Status Quo: the machine that has been built to support the current regime just did its thing* and the board members went along with it.*
    https://www.thetrace.org/2019/05/was...lly-unanimous/

Personally I haven't given them a dime since the bumpstock fiasco, and my new mantra is "Not till Wayne's gone"
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(York County)

Let me clarify, until the NRA does something that would mean none of the above happen in the first place, I won’t give them my money. Until I can carry in those states without having to prove why I need to, then I will support them financially. And in the case of Shaneen Allen, it was more so that NJ had a republican governor at the time then it was that the NRA accomplished anything, if that same thing happened today with Murphy it wouldn’t have mattered what the NRA said or did.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by cham09 View Post
    Let me clarify, until the NRA does something that would mean none of the above happen in the first place, I won*t give them my money. Until I can carry in those states without having to prove why I need to, then I will support them financially. And in the case of Shaneen Allen, it was more so that NJ had a republican governor at the time then it was that the NRA accomplished anything, if that same thing happened today with Murphy it wouldn*t have mattered what the NRA said or did.

They can only do so much. They are communist countries. If you want them to do more, support them.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Bucks County)

The N.R.A. has come under considerable criticism in recent years and rightly so.
    Best not to forget that had it not been for the efforts of the N.R.A. (and by extension, us as members) we would not likely have the 2A protections we enjoy to the exclusion of EVERY other nation on the planet.

I don't like the junk mail either- so I opted out of it. I don't like Wayne Lapierre carrying on like a decadent televangelist. That said, sooner or later Lapierre will be gone.
    Over the years, the N.R.A. has made Fudd-like deals that work against the membership. Most of us are not asshole Fudds that would sell evil black rifles down the river to save their favorite duck gun.

I send them money for the good work they've done over the last 150 years or so and the good work they may produce in the future; especially in the face of an unthinkable win by moron Joe Biden and his progressive handlers. Perhaps you might give that some thought before bashing and defunding the N.R.A. In case you haven't noticed, the fight NEVER gets easier and it will never be over. The way things are looking, we'll need every helping hand we can get in the next battle, even from a pompous ass like Lapierre.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Who?
    you are BAD

(Columbia County)

I'm an NRA member and have stop donating until they get there act together. I became a member of Firearms Policy Coalition and donate to them. I will maintain my membership in the NRA so I can keep my NRA board voting rights. I hope they eventually see the light and make some serious changes.

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    I'm not one to tell one how to spend their money, but kudos to the OP for researching before deciding.

-bullet point: Wayne Lapierre can not be voted for or against by the rank and file. His position is allegedly decided by the B.O.D.

Ollie North, Chris Cox, and other's tried to get him out & failed. So much for change from within.

https://www.thetrace.org/2019/05/was...lly-unanimous/

Personally I haven't given them a dime since the bumpstock fiasco, and my new mantra is "Not till Wayne's gone"
    Wayne did stand up when it was needed most....after Newtown. That was an unpopular stance but he held firm.

Why does nobody give credit where credit is due?
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Allegheny County)

I've been a member for about 35 years or so, except that on two occasions I dropped (didn't renew) my membership due to things that were going on with them.

However, I am back to being a member because I do believe that it is an organization that is trying to protect my 2A rights, even though some of the things that they have done recently really ticked me off. As a gun owner, I feel that I should help out by being a member.

Also, by being a member of the NRA - whenever an anti-gun dip sh-t asks me about the NRA, I tell them that "Yep, I am a member" = I love seeing their stupid faces explode! Brings me joy and happiness!

My wife has been a member for about 35 years too, as well as being an NRA Instructor since the early 90s.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(York County)

Belonged to NRA for years.

Finally had enough. Too much nonsense internally, too little real advocacy externally.

GOA all the way.
    DGAF

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast