Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Think the Pennsylvania Amish would get on board just this once?

Random thought occurred to me today in light of the daily onslaught against our beloved nation and our God given rights.

If any you come into contact with alot of Amish who obviously know the state of the nation, Do you think they would be open to secretly registering to vote for Trump in light of the trouble coming to religious and our 2nd amendment rights? I think it would be a great thing to get the message in their ear and see what they would do when their leadership is unaware. After all, Rumspringa clearly demonstrates they are not the fools to the way the world works.

these two issues clearly make them independent from the rest of the worldly and are worth crossing the edicts of men. If you know any I say plant the seeds and see if it spreads???
    Last edited by streaker69; June 24th, 2020 at 06:54 PM. Reason: this thead posted in multiple
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Think the Pennsylvania Amish would get on board just this once?

What makes you think they're not already registered as republicans and that they don't vote?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lancaster County)

In 2016 I saw van loads of Amish at my local poll. A first, by the way.

(Chester County)

My gun club is surrounded by Amish farms. We contract with them on occasion for various work projects that we don*t want to do ourselves. In addition to heavy equipment, they also have guns.

https://www.tri-townsa.com/

(Mifflin County)

I have been told that Amish do vote but Mennonites do not , anyone else ever heard this ??

(Lancaster County)

I remember this being advertised in Lancaster Farming in 2016. https://www.amishpac.com/

Left Wing Lancaster dismissed it has having no impact on the election. Right!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    What makes you think they're not already registered as republicans and that they don't vote?
    I always thought they viewed themselves as in the world but not part of the world, trusting solely on God's discretion.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    My gun club is surrounded by Amish farms. We contract with them on occasion for various work projects that we don*t want to do ourselves. In addition to heavy equipment, they also have guns.

https://www.tri-townsa.com/
    Lebanon Levi supplies the guns.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 57springer View Post
    I have been told that Amish do vote but Mennonites do not , anyone else ever heard this ??
    They both will, depending on their individual church

The Amish supported Trump in 2016 even though they were skeptical of his promise to protect religious liberty. They got out and voted heavily and the main reason was to vote AGAINST Hillary. Not only did they see through her lies, but in their culture the roles are pretty well defined and President is no place for a woman. Even the women will emphatically state that.

Fast forward to now, with Trump holding true with pretty much every promise he has made, helping farmers, protecting religious freedoms and ESPECIALLY de-regulation in Ag sector.....add in the fact that Biden has promised a woman running mate...

The Amish and Mennonites will once again be voting, if their individual bishop permit

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    They both will, depending on their individual church

The Amish supported Trump in 2016 even though they were skeptical of his promise to protect religious liberty. They got out and voted heavily and the main reason was to vote AGAINST Hillary. Not only did they see through her lies, but in their culture the roles are pretty well defined and President is no place for a woman. Even the women will emphatically state that.

Fast forward to now, with Trump holding true with pretty much every promise he has made, helping farmers, protecting religious freedoms and ESPECIALLY de-regulation in Ag sector.....add in the fact that Biden has promised a woman running mate...

The Amish and Mennonites will once again be voting, if their individual bishop permit
    Picking PA summed it up

I live in north east Lancaster County with a very high concentration of Amish, My first house here was the last property on the road to have phone,electric and cable. Surrounded by Amish farms.I use Amish for contracted jobs at my company often, I chat with them often and they do not want a woman anywhere close to the office of the president. The Amish turnout at the township polling place in 2016 was quite impressive. And yes they do own guns and hunt regularly. while being pacifists they clearly seem to be on our side but generally leave their thoughts and opinions to themselves

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast