Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Think the Pennsylvania Amish would get on board just this once?

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    Picking PA summed it up

I live in north east Lancaster County with a very high concentration of Amish, My first house here was the last property on the road to have phone,electric and cable. Surrounded by Amish farms.I use Amish for contracted jobs at my company often, I chat with them often and they do not want a woman anywhere close to the office of the president. The Amish turnout at the township polling place in 2016 was quite impressive. And yes they do own guns and hunt regularly. while being pacifists they clearly seem to be on our side but generally leave their thoughts and opinions to themselves
    Hmm... elders need to respect their women as equals, (i.e., let them do things other than make babies and push lawn mowers in their bare feet).

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Hmm... elders need to respect their women as equals, (i.e., let them do things other than make babies and push lawn mowers in their bare feet).
    It's thinking like that is the reason we end up with Pelosi, Feinstein and AOC.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    It's thinking like that is the reason we end up with Pelosi, Feinstein and AOC.
    Do you treat your wife like the Amish treat their women? (rhetorical)

Of course you don*t.

(Chester County)

They follow Christian teaching and the Church elders are men. Women have no official role in church leadership and men are the heads of the family. That doesn't mean the men don't respect the women its that women are in charge of things that keep the family together and strong which is something that is missing in the general society. We are now bearing the fruits of that as we watch out of control yutes burning and looting the cities because they never had a Father to beat their ass and teach them the proper way of living.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    They follow Christian teaching and the Church elders are men. Women have no official role in church leadership and men are the heads of the family.
    You good with that?

Catholic tradition is backward in the same way. Although, I predict that in my lifetime, there will be women Priests and they*ll be permitted to marry.

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    They both will, depending on their individual church

The Amish supported Trump in 2016 even though they were skeptical of his promise to protect religious liberty. They got out and voted heavily and the main reason was to vote AGAINST Hillary. Not only did they see through her lies, but in their culture the roles are pretty well defined and President is no place for a woman. Even the women will emphatically state that.

Fast forward to now, with Trump holding true with pretty much every promise he has made, helping farmers, protecting religious freedoms and ESPECIALLY de-regulation in Ag sector.....add in the fact that Biden has promised a woman running mate...

The Amish and Mennonites will once again be voting, if their individual bishop permit
    President Trump has gone above and beyond on the issue of religious liberty...the best President on that issue in history most likely. I don't remember this many "National Days of Prayer" under any other President...has to be more than once a year too. He called one in March for the Wu-Flu specifically. First President to speak at the March for Life as well.

So the Amish should be happy with him.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Chester County)

You good with that?

Catholic tradition is backward in the same way. Although, I predict that in my lifetime, there will be women Priests and they*ll be permitted to marry.
    Yes, I'm a Christian and I don't attend a church where women could be pastors because that is against Christian principles. Its written in plain language and easy to understand if you believe in Christian teaching. If you don't believe in those things then it doesn't matter what you do, do anything that pleases you. Forbidding of marriage is another thing discussed and warned against but they've been doing it for so long people are numb and forget what's been written or coerced into believing that's normal.
    Last edited by JenniferG; June 25th, 2020 at 02:25 PM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Berks County)

You good with that?

You*re so woke!

Come on everybody let*s clap for Jack!

Was that enough recognition or will you be virtue signaling some more?
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 57springer View Post
    I have been told that Amish do vote but Mennonites do not , anyone else ever heard this ??
    Probably the other way around and just as probable split between Rs and Ds. Depending on how conservative the congregation.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    You*re so woke!

Come on everybody let*s clap for Jack!

Was that enough recognition or will you be virtue signaling some more?
    lol that was a dick post but funny as hell/ deserved i must admit...

fun fact, the only reason they cant marry is because the church got tired of losing money and land when a priest died (family would inherit or they would have to "carry them"); once it became fashionable to have clergy in the wealthy and land-owning families, the good ole vatican and pope innocent ii outlawed marriage - saying a priest's family was their parishoners (lol)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast