Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Two Queens men caught trying to slip into NYC with $6,000 in fireworks bought out

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    It was an awesome time back when N.Y.C. was a filthy cesspool
    "back when"??

Default Re: Two Queens men caught trying to slip into NYC with $6,000 in fireworks bought out

Quote Originally Posted by OwnTheRide View Post
    It's possible something has changed since last year, but I doubt it.

Anytime I, a long-suffering PRNY resident, have gone to PA to buy fireworks, the only restrictions seemed to be on PA residents, not on out-of-staters. I am not a fireworks law expert or even enthusiast, just reporting what I have seen in the past.
    That's the way it was up until two years ago before they legalized them for all PA residents, of course with a 12% excise tax on top of the normal 6% state sales tax. So I fail to see what the Ny state goon squad thinks they can do while operating on free foreign soil.

Unless the mayor was just saying this openly to scare future buyers off with the intent on actually doing nothing which is the way he typically runs his city.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by OwnTheRide View Post
    "back when"??
    Back when Ed "Howmydoin?!" Koch was mayor and 42nd St. was nothing but peep shows and titty bars, that's when. Back when the place still looked like something out of The Seven Ups and The French Connection.
    Back when the bathroom of CBGB was legendary and Patti Smith punctured a lung on the floor doing the Worm in broken glass.
    Back when I got a Hickory Shampoo from a NYC police officer who was concerned that my attitude might get me into trouble...
    You know; back when we were young and indestructible. Back when the world was our oyster and we wondered with which sword should we cleave it.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    Back when Ed "Howmydoin?!" Koch was mayor and 42nd St. was nothing but peep shows and titty bars, that's when. Back when the place still looked like something out of The Seven Ups and The French Connection.
    Back when the bathroom of CBGB was legendary and Patti Smith punctured a lung on the floor doing the Worm in broken glass.
    Back when I got a Hickory Shampoo from a NYC police officer who was concerned that my attitude might get me into trouble...
    You know; back when we were young and indestructible. Back when the world was our oyster and we wondered with which sword should we cleave it.
    You forgot to mention the way overpriced beers in those aforementioned bars... And the ladies in waiting on 42nd street were plentiful.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    So the mayor is going to send his undercover goons into our state to fuck with legally owned and operated shops?

Another guy who needs to eat shit and die.
    According to the article it seems that he started to already.

The marshals were *conducting surveillance to curtail the extensive illegal fireworks condition in our city,* an FDNY statement said. FDNY officials wouldn*t say which store the men were coming from.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by GOYABEAN View Post
    Don’t drive a truck like this, it’s pretty obvious!

DEB78DA2-69D9-4C61-9F82-8BF2475B97D3.jpg
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Bucks County)

I don*t know how to embed Twitter videos so here*s a link. It*s Minneapolis not NYC but look how they like to use them with their, umm, *friends*. All through this I could hear my mom yelling *you could lose an eye* and for this, she would*ve been right.

https://twitter.com/trscoop/status/1...405677570?s=21

(Philadelphia County)

Good Lord.I'm wondering why that guy was even in that area in the first place!
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

How does one conduct an investigation across state lines? I question if this "tactic" is even legal. I realize most of the stupid laws in ny, are horrible and certainly illegal. There is a law called fruits of the poisonous tree, and IMO this is a bad arrest. But hey lets throw murders back on the street, so we can lock up guys selling fire works. It the ny way.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    How does one conduct an investigation across state lines? I question if this "tactic" is even legal. I realize most of the stupid laws in ny, are horrible and certainly illegal. There is a law called fruits of the poisonous tree, and IMO this is a bad arrest. But hey lets throw murders back on the street, so we can lock up guys selling fire works. It the ny way.
    I agree , NY doesn't make sense let the criminals out without bail and go after a patriot celebrating 4th of July

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast