Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Any love for Kahr?

I don't have one (yet) , but those I've handled , examined and shot are very impressive.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

I've owned and carried a K9 for a number of years. Excellent gun. My only complaint with it is the top of the backstrap is squared instead of rounded. I have a high grip when I shoot, which places my thumbs about parallel with the slide. In extended shooting, this causes the squared edge of the backstrap to dig into the base of my shooting hand thumb, which becomes pretty damned painful after about 100 rounds. I recently switched to the Glock 43X for this reason. I've no other complaint at all about the K9. It's a fantastic gun.

(Allegheny County)

I think that they are decent guns. I've owned three Kahr P9s, my wife has owned a K9, P9, and T9. We both found them to be a "little finicky" in ammo preference, we had come from primarily shooting DA/SA SIG pistols - extremely reliable pistols.

No longer have any Kahrs, both of us transitioned to Glocks and once again have extremely reliable pistols.

Back in the 90s, lots of guys that had been strictly revolver shooters found that the Kahr's trigger system was very easy for them to transition to, since the Kahr trigger has a revolver like feel. It was a big selling point. Nowadays, I don't think that is necessarily true - not a lot of "newer" dedicated revolver shooters.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Spot on about the trigger. It's a long stroke, but the weight is consistent throughout. If I could transplant the Kahr trigger to my Glock, I would have the absolute perfect gun for me.

Had a CW45 10 years or so ago, was a nice gun. I was seriously considering purchasing a cm9 or pm9 as a smaller lighter option to a G19 before the scamdemic hit. I'll have to wait a bit longer till my local store gets any in stock again. Sort of kick myself for putting it off back when CM9s were under $300 on a few sites

(Montgomery County)

Do you like shooting stapleguns?

Then youll LOVE THE KAHR!

Still have my kahr cm9, its a wonderful small and light gun.
    But happily replaced it with a sig p365. Little heaiver. But what do you expect woth double the ammo capacity?

(Lancaster County)

I've greatly enjoyed my CW380 as a pocket and ankle gun for about 5 years now. As others have mentioned, when biking or similar it's really handy when you need to fit something in a small pocket or belly band and not be noticeable. VASTLY more functional than an LCP or Kel Tec. I run handloads through it with 100gr flat point round nosed plated bullets which function very well. My only dislikes with it at all are that the trigger is a little too long and it only comes with a single mag.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Beaver County)

love my CM9

(Allegheny County)

2dogs I don't know if you picked up a Kahr yet but I'll chime in on this. The PM9 replaced several handguns for me years ago. It pocket carries so easily that I see no need to carry anything smaller. In belted shorts or jeans which is all I pretty much wear it disappears, and is comfortable to carry all day. "ALSO", which this is a huge also. I shoot the PM9 very well almost as well as a full size handgun. I cannot say the same about my air weight 38s that require much more trigger control to be accurate. If I wasn't such an old school revolver guy all I'd need is the PM9.

Those S&W air-weights are so sweet though, lol
    Rich

(Allegheny County)

Also with the extended 7 round magazine it becomes a great IWB carry. For me, the extended mag gives a faster more confident purchase from the holster.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast