Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Any love for Kahr?

I plan to get rid of my LC9, and possibly my LCP, and I have been looking at my options. Any Kahr owners out there with words of wisdom? The triggers seem pretty nice, and they seem well-made overall.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Any love for Kahr?

Solid piece. Can be a bit tough to rack I feel

(Lackawanna County)

Kahr CW9 is my regular carry gun. It's light, reliable, and accurate. It's the only Kahr pistol I have ever owned, but I plan on buying another one at some point.

(Chester County)

I got a PM9 for my wife, she loves it. Trigger reset is long but very smooth. They seem pretty affordable now that everybody has G43s and p365s.

I had a CW9 along time ago, it was reliable with everything including steel cased ammunition. I put a fair amount of rounds through it before I sold it. I like their P380 a lot but the price was a bit high for me.

(Delaware County)

I can only speak to the subcompact models - to be more specific the PM9, CM40 and CM9. Had a first gen pm9 for many years and regret selling it. At some point in time, Kahr changed the internal design of the slide to what they sell today and no recoil springs were available (they sell both versions now). So Kahr wanted me to send it in to remachine the slide to work with the newer recoil spring assembly for $200 - so I sold it. Later purchased a cm40 (but was a little snappy) and ended back with a cm9 that I have today. Like previously stated - solid performers and one of the smallest single stack 9's out there. On the down side, it can be a b*tch to rack and Kahr recommends changing the recoil spring at 1 or 2k rounds - something ridiculous like that. If you intent is a low priced quality small pocket pistol - I would buy a CM version (not much different between the CM and the PM). You use to be able to pick a new one up at around $300 before all this panic buying.

Thanks for the feedback!

(Pike County)

I haven't purchased a Kahr yet; I've been sorely tempted several times, but I'm still a hopeless revolver guy. If you want one, tho, there's a nice bunch of guys selling them (and other firearms) up at the "Tommy Gun Warehouse" - Kahr's factory outlet in Greeley - Pike County. Nice place. http://www.tommygunwarehouse.com/index.html

Sadly their 380 which they state needs 200 plus rounds thru it to be dependable and possibly more,my glock 42 out of the box flawless so I cant see the need having to run that many rounds plus ?

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I carry my P380 when I need something small when I'm cycling or kayaking it fits in the chest pocket of my PFD and the thigh pocket of my mountain biking shorts. My Kahr CM9 has been replaced by the much more capable Sig P365. It's a great gun, I just don't have a use for it any more.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast