Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Any love for Kahr?

I pocket carried the PM9 for several years and loved it all the way up to the P365 coming out. The I bought the P365 and with 2 15 rounds mags it is hard to beat, but even with the 10 rds mag. Never had an issue with it. I could shoot it just fine and with no pain.
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM. AECIDAE TELO IACET LIBATIS.

(Allegheny County)

My first Kahr was the first gen P380 which was absolutely the most problematic gun I've ever owned. I really wanted to love it but it was not in the cards. Kahr arms issued me a new frame and a couple of mags for my trouble but I never trusted it. I absolutely love my CM9, "Glock like" right out of the box, I'll never sell it. I also had the CM40 and sold that. Low round count and too much recoil, the slide tended not to go back into battery right from jump. CM 9 IMO is the way to go.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

Quote Originally Posted by K.C. View Post
    My first Kahr was the first gen P380 which was absolutely the most problematic gun I've ever owned. I really wanted to love it but it was not in the cards. Kahr arms issued me a new frame and a couple of mags for my trouble but I never trusted it. I absolutely love my CM9, "Glock like" right out of the box, I'll never sell it. I also had the CM40 and sold that. Low round count and too much recoil, the slide tended not to go back into battery right from jump. CM 9 IMO is the way to go.

That is a common issue with a lot of Kahr pistols across several of the product lines.
    Last edited by Hodgie; June 25th, 2020 at 09:16 PM.

I shot a cm9 today. Great trigger, which I think helps accuracy quite a bit. No issues whatsoever. It is definitely a marked improvement to my LC9, and small enough that I may dump the LCP too. I like that Kahr can handle +P ammo, although I*m not sure if I*d enjoy shooting it from a cm9.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    That is a common issue with a lot of Kahr pistols very several of the product lines.
    You highlighted this portion of my quote:
    the slide tended not to go back into battery right from jump. CM 9 IMO is the way to go.
    Yep.

A few years back I watched a video of Justin Moon shooting a new hand gun they were promoting and he actually had the same malfunction, he pushed it back into battery and then continued to shoot. At the time someone pointed out to me that that "was truth in advertising" I agree. Justin Moon is awesome IMO. I'm glad he moved production to PA. btw, I'd love to score one of the 5.56 crowns his brothers brother wears.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Lancaster County)

I owned a P9 for several years. Trigger was so-so for me. Racking it seemed like it was harder than it should have been. I have large hands. Sometimes an XL glove is not large enough. When shooting the P9 after 50+ rounds my trigger finger would hurt. I realized that the trigger guard area was too small for me. Kept ripping up skin on my finger. Had enough of that and sold it. I have tried a few newer ones at the Outdoor Show in Harrisburg when one supplier had some on hand. Finger guard was still to small to fit me. Carried a SIG P938 for years after that, until the P365 came out. No finger guard issues with either of those. I still carry and shoot those now. Kahrs are fine. Glad they are a PA company, but just not a big fan of their products.

(Wayne County)

PM9 is on my side. Many thanks for Kahr showing up at our rallies.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    How does the size compare to a Ruger LCP? I'd wanted one of these Kahrs in 380 or 9mm. With the support Justin Moon has given us at rallies, I want to support him too.
    Plenty of video's out there comparing the two. Google "kahr cw380 vs ruger lcp". I almost went with the LCP II but two things turned me off. One was the feel of the grip, it felt too square "blocky" to me. Second, was the felt recoil, the Kahr has a heavy recoil spring which they say helps with felt recoil and muzzle flip. The LCP was harsher in felt recoil to me. Size wise, they are very close. I think the LCP is about one once lighter.

NToEzWG.jpg
    Last edited by Hawk; June 26th, 2020 at 06:46 AM.
    Toujours prêt

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Plenty of video's out there comparing the two. Google "kahr cw380 vs ruger lcp". I almost went with the LCP II but two things turned me off. One was the feel of the grip, it felt too square "blocky" to me. Second, was the felt recoil, the Kahr has a heavy recoil spring which they say helps with felt recoil and muzzle flip. The LCP was harsher in felt recoil to me. Size wise, they are very close. I think the LCP is about one once lighter.

NToEzWG.jpg
    Thanks for that comparison.

I have an LCP custom with the upgraded trigger, sights and guide rod, but after shooting it once, I changed out the spring for a heavier one (13 lbs vs stock 9 lb). That tamed the recoil down quite a bit and made it shootable. I still can't shoot it incredibly accurately compared to my other 380s, but I only own it for deep concealment.

Maybe I'll try out a Kahr and swap it out if I like it better.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Thanks for that comparison.

I have an LCP custom with the upgraded trigger, sights and guide rod, but after shooting it once, I changed out the spring for a heavier one (13 lbs vs stock 9 lb). That tamed the recoil down quite a bit and made it shootable. I still can't shoot it incredibly accurately compared to my other 380s, but I only own it for deep concealment.

Maybe I'll try out a Kahr and swap it out if I like it better.
    I had the same problem with the LCP custom. I made the same change from the 9 lb recoil spring except that I put in an 11 lb recoil spring rather than the 13 lb. It cured many issues. Other than purely saving a buck or two in manufacturing, I've never understood putting in substandard parts. Frankly, I've never been a Kahr fan (or any other part of the cooling system). My hands and their products don't seem to match.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast