Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Any love for Kahr?

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Sadly their 380 which they state needs 200 plus rounds thru it to be dependable and possibly more,my glock 42 out of the box flawless so I cant see the need having to run that many rounds plus ?
    I do that with any gun I buy, so that is a non-issue to me.

(Allegheny County)

Picked up a CW380 last year after a bunch of research into 380 pocket pistols. Love this pistol! It has much less felt recoil than any other 380 compact I've shot. I have no problem putting a box or more through it during a range session. With my old Keltec P3AT and P32, I was done after 20 rounds or less. No hiccups from round one on my CW380. I wish the trigger was a tad larger.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...pistol-review/

KahrCW380.jpg
    Last edited by Hawk; June 25th, 2020 at 08:33 AM.
    Toujours prêt

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Picked up a CW380 last year after a bunch of research into 380 pocket pistols. Love this pistol! It has much less felt recoil than any other 380 compact I've shot. I have no problem putting a box or more through it during a range session. With my old Keltec P3AT and P32, I was done after 20 rounds or less. No hiccups from round one on my CW380. I wish the trigger was a tad larger.

KahrCW380.jpg
    Your post gives me hope on this 380. friends who owned this model had nothing but mis-feed and FTFs.Kahr appears to make a well made firearm,I will give it a shot (pun intended ) next visit to shooting range !

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Your post gives me hope on this 380. friends who owned this model had nothing but mis-feed and FTFs.Kahr appears to make a well made firearm,I will give it a shot (pun intended ) next visit to shooting range !
    They defiantly have their fair share of well documented issues issues especially in the cheaper CW series. Before the major manufactures got into the game of micro 9's the PM9 and P380 were really good options, now with the Shield, and Glock offerings they really are not since both the PM9 and p380 do not perform as well as the others especially in handling.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post

KahrCW380.jpg
    How does the size compare to a Ruger LCP? I'd wanted one of these Kahrs in 380 or 9mm. With the support Justin Moon has given us at rallies, I want to support him too.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    I do that with any gun I buy, so that is a non-issue to me.
    Indeed, why would you buy a new gun and NOT practice with it before carrying?
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Indeed, why would you buy a new gun and NOT practice with it before carrying?
    It's more a matter of Khar stating you need a minimum of 200 round break in while other manufactures guns do not require any break in period in order for it to function reliably.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    It's more a matter of Khar stating you need a minimum of 200 round break in while other manufactures guns do not require any break in period in order for it to function reliably.
    I buy what I think is the best gun for the job, even if it's not the easiest choice. In 2012 when I bought my P380, I thought it was the best gun in its class. I didn't mind breaking it in. It really has been a great gun.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I buy what I think is the best gun for the job, even if it's not the easiest choice. In 2012 when I bought my P380, I thought it was the best gun in its class. I didn't mind breaking it in. It really has been a great gun.
    I am not really debating it, just explaining why some people have adverse feeling towards them which I also understand. Like I said earlier at one time both the PM9 and the P380 made a lot of sense and were best in class, now I personally feel there are better options for me. I still have favorable opinion of their products based on my personal use.

(Bucks County)

Love my PM9. Kahr highly stresses the 200 round break in period along with use the slide release to chamber the first round our of a mag vs manually pulling back the slide and releasing it.

I can*t temember if it ever hiccuped but I*m probably up to a ~1000 with it error free. I don*t shoot it too much given it*s size and purpose, it*s not a *fun* range toy but fantastic to conceal.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast