I picked up a CZ50 a little while back online. Unfortunately I didn’t notice until much afterward that the firing pin was broken. My fault for not taking a closer look when I cleaned it after I got it. A couple months ago I happened to be taking that closer look and noticed the problem. I wind up collecting more than shooting so I hadn’t even tried it out yet.

I finally got around to ordering a replacement and just put it in. It went right in but the back and forth movement of it seems a little rough and sticky. I checked some of my other handguns (CZ82, Beretta 81) just for comparison purposes and I can push on the back of the firing pins on those with a small dowel easily, smooth motion in and out. I tried lubricating the pin and plunger/spring that holds it in which is what it seems to ride against. Marginally better but not great.

When I dry fire I can see the firing pin reset most of the time but some of the time it seems to stay stuck in the forward position until I dry fire again. Anyone else ever experience anything like this or have any tips for me?