Dad:* *sorry honey, .22 lr.*
    My Little Poverty Pony.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Default Re: Ammo craziness

[QUOTE=c45man;4229405]
    Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    "I have too much ammo" said no one ever.[/QUOTE

Except a widow three hours after the death of her husband and no kids with interest to take it.
    Bad women should be divorced.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Delaware County)

Well I believe this ammo shortage will continue. The civil unrest, the virus, the upcoming election, and the recent explosion of new gun sales and with it new owners.
    The perfect storm for hard day's ahead.

(Allegheny County)

stopped in Dunhams after the group shoot Saturday.. and while there took a walk back by the gun counters.. Ammo was pretty much empty & same with the gun cases.. they might not have the greatest prices...but still carry a good bit normally

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    stopped in Dunhams after the group shoot Saturday.. and while there took a walk back by the gun counters.. Ammo was pretty much empty & same with the gun cases.. they might not have the greatest prices...but still carry a good bit normally
    Wow. They usually have shitloads of ammo - because their prices are insanely high.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Wow. They usually have shitloads of ammo - because their prices are insanely high.
    yeah they do unless the run something on "SALE" then its a normal price.. but they had 5 people standing at the counters.. buying what I have no clue.. the cases were bare

(Allegheny County)

I haven't been anywhere that sells ammo in months. I don't know what the ammo/gun situation really is.
    There doesn't seem to be much of a shortage with online vendors, and I have no guns I'm wanting to buy at the moment, so I haven't noticed anything that's happening.

I did buy some 5.56 when the prices started to jump since I didn't have much on hand, but I just can't go buying up ammo to "stock up". By the time I can afford to buy some, it will either be too expensive to buy, gone entirely, or best case scenario, it will be a year from now and prices will have come back down.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I haven't been anywhere that sells ammo in months. I don't know what the ammo/gun situation really is.
    There doesn't seem to be much of a shortage with online vendors, and I have no guns I'm wanting to buy at the moment, so I haven't noticed anything that's happening.

I did buy some 5.56 when the prices started to jump since I didn't have much on hand, but I just can't go buying up ammo to "stock up". By the time I can afford to buy some, it will either be too expensive to buy, gone entirely, or best case scenario, it will be a year from now and prices will have come back down.
    Seriously? I just checked my usual go-to supplier, TargetSportsUSA. No 9mm ammo at all, except Speer Gold Dot & Federal JHP. All I can find at Cabelas' web site are odd calibers and a little bit of personal defense ammo. Rural King's web site has absolutely nothing except bulk Federal 5.56 at $.50 per round (not bad, considering). Armslist has very few listings for ammo in Pittsburgh. Sportsman's Guide has no 9mm except for blanks.

Wow. I haven't been paying attention to ammo supplies lately, I didn't realize we were that deep into the ammo panic already. If yinz don't already have a year or two worth of ammo, you're officially fucked.

(Allegheny County)

I dunno. I get emails from various places daily and there always seems to be ammo available.
    I have noticed that $10 boxes of 9mm are now $15 some places. $6 boxes of 5.56 are $8.
    I don't have any money to buy, so I don't really pay close attention to it.
    Buying by the case has never really been an option for me and with prices where they are now, it's not even something I can consider.
    That's why I loved Walmart ammo - you could buy it in box quantities at reasonable prices. No more though. (because I won't buy it there - and because they won't sell half of what I need)

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I dunno. I get emails from various places daily and there always seems to be ammo available.
    I have noticed that $10 boxes of 9mm are now $15 some places. $6 boxes of 5.56 are $8.
    I don't have any money to buy, so I don't really pay close attention to it.
    Buying by the case has never really been an option for me and with prices where they are now, it's not even something I can consider.
    That's why I loved Walmart ammo - you could buy it in box quantities at reasonable prices. No more though. (because I won't buy it there - and because they won't sell half of what I need)
    Can you tell us who has 9mm in stock? I'd pick some up for $15 per box. Just because I'm an evil hoarder, lol.

If anybody has extra 9mm, I'd be happy to trade some .45 ACP and/or .22LR for it.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast