Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Magazine Order cancelled due to “legal liabilities”

Hey guy,
    Was just talking with a friend of mine and he placed an order for a 15 round ruger BX magazine for his ruger 10/22 thru cheaper than dirt. It was the only place he found that had it in stock. He got an email the next morning from cheaper than dirt saying they deleted the order due to legal liabilities or restrictions..he’s in pa, as far as I know we don’t have any magazine restrictions that were passed in the dead of night without me noticing, so what’s that about? anyone else run into anything like this? Could just be a simple mistake I guess.

Default Re: Magazine Order cancelled due to “legal liabilities”

Quote Originally Posted by TB3 View Post
    Hey guy,
    Was just talking with a friend of mine and he placed an order for a 15 round ruger BX magazine for his ruger 10/22 thru cheaper than dirt. It was the only place he found that had it in stock. He got an email the next morning from cheaper than dirt saying they deleted the order due to legal liabilities or restrictions..he*s in pa, as far as I know we don*t have any magazine restrictions that were passed in the dead of night without me noticing, so what*s that about? anyone else run into anything like this? Could just be a simple mistake I guess.
    I have not had any problems getting high capacity magazines in the last couple of weeks. Is it a Pittsburgh thing? Gunmagwharehouse has them in stock.

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/ruger-bx...-magazine.html

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    I have not had any problems getting high capacity magazines in the last couple of weeks. Is it a Pittsburgh thing? Gunmagwharehouse has them in stock.

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/ruger-bx...-magazine.html
    That’s an interesting thought that it may have something to do with peduto and his attempts at banning things. His address and mine as well are both Pittsburgh mailing addresses. He’s going to call them to see if he can get an explanation and if he does I’ll post it. he said he checked GunMag warehouse, I’ll tell him to check again, thanks.

That*s an interesting thought that it may have something to do with peduto and his attempts at banning things. His address and mine as well are both Pittsburgh mailing addresses. He*s going to call them to see if he can get an explanation and if he does I*ll post it. he said he checked GunMag warehouse, I*ll tell him to check again, thanks.
    now gun mag whareshouse is showing out of stock .try https://www.cdnnsports.com/rugerr-10...U#.XuykSEXYpD8

(Bucks County)

Hey guy,
    Was just talking with a friend of mine and he placed an order for a 15 round ruger BX magazine for his ruger 10/22 thru cheaper than dirt. It was the only place he found that had it in stock. He got an email the next morning from cheaper than dirt saying they deleted the order due to legal liabilities or restrictions..he*s in pa, as far as I know we don*t have any magazine restrictions that were passed in the dead of night without me noticing, so what*s that about? anyone else run into anything like this? Could just be a simple mistake I guess.
    Why not just buy the bx25? They are very close to the same size and readily available from places that aren't cheaper than dirt?

-Zach

(Berks County)

Cheaper Than Dirt is on my "Who?" list after I saw their price gouging at the beginning of the scamdemic.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

[QUOTE=zachomega;4228528]Why not just buy the bx25? They are very close to the same size and readily available from places that aren't cheaper than dirt?

-Zach[/QUOTE
    Not sure why he chose the 15 over the 25, I didn’t ask, as far as cheaper than dirt he said he checked a bunch of places and they were tho only ones that said in stock. I never order things from them because I’ve always found them way more expensive than most other places. Our discussion was more focused on their refusal to ship to Pittsburgh.

I also have a distaste for Cheaper than dirt.

A few places have started to not ship to heavily anti areas of Pa like Philly and Pittsburg. There are a couple of threads about it lingering around. Here is one about BassPro from Emptymag.

https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...highlight=Bass

Making a couple of bucks selling small items to towns with Soros-bought District Attorneys and pandering city councils and mayors, just isn't worth it. We've seen them litigate anti-gun issues when they have no hope of winning, so why wouldn't you expect them to try to drag in some out-of-state company on some frivolous claim?

Imagine Philly passes an ordinance banning 30 round mags. A company sells them by mail to a city resident. That resident shoots up a church or a concert or whatever. So the greedy next of kin sue the seller, because violating a law is negligence per se.

How many magazines do you have to sell to make enough after-tax profit to pay for defending a bullshit lawsuit? With a Philly jury? And a Philly judge?

Blame the pandering a-hole demagogues who run those cities, not the sellers who choose not to play in their games.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Bucks County)

[QUOTE=TB3;4228537]
    Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    Why not just buy the bx25? They are very close to the same size and readily available from places that aren't cheaper than dirt?

-Zach[/QUOTE
    Not sure why he chose the 15 over the 25, I didn*t ask, as far as cheaper than dirt he said he checked a bunch of places and they were tho only ones that said in stock. I never order things from them because I*ve always found them way more expensive than most other places. Our discussion was more focused on their refusal to ship to Pittsburgh.
    I understand that the issue isn't the magazine availability. What i was trying to say was, if he chooses the other magazine, he was more suppliers to choose from which means eventually you will find one who will ship to your area.

Edit: also check with Ruger. They aren't the fastest (far from it) but they might have them. Or have a local gun shop order them. He might pay a small (or large) markup, but he'll get what he wants.

-Zach

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast