Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default Hogue G10 Grips for J Frame

Anyone have experience carrying a j frame with the Hogue G10 bantam grips? I'm trying to decide between the smooth and the Piranha texture, but don't want to get the Piranha if the texture will wear holes in my clothes (90% of the time I pocket carry).

Default Re: Hogue G10 Grips for J Frame

I got a set of these VZ 320s in Black Cherry for my 642. They have just enough texture to keep them from being slippery.
    https://vzgrips.com/products/s-w-j-frame-vz-320.html
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Delaware County)

I use the Bantam rubber grips for pocket carry. They*ve been fine. The pattern on the G10 doesn*t look sharp to me.

(Westmoreland County)

I have the standard, non pirahhna, grips. These will not wear out your pants. I actually switched back to some "old school" standard size grips. If you're interested in them, I'll sell them to you. They are the G-mascus black / gray but there is some streaks of brown in there too.PM me if interested..

(Bucks County)

Bill Jordan advocated for smooth grips on the premise that hurriedly grabbing a handgun under stress has a high potential for the gun not being held in a needed manner. A smooth grip enhances the ability to quickly shift the gun in the hand, while a high friction surface interferes with that move. May seem outdated as in those days a handgun was held in one hand, and today it is held with both. It may still be valid, depending on what is happening at the time. I wonder what Miculek would say if asked.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

My dislike for G10 is that it's a bit heavy. I've machined lots of it. Points can be knocked off with SC wet or dry paper.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Bill Jordan advocated for smooth grips on the premise that hurriedly grabbing a handgun under stress has a high potential for the gun not being held in a needed manner. A smooth grip enhances the ability to quickly shift the gun in the hand, while a high friction surface interferes with that move. May seem outdated as in those days a handgun was held in one hand, and today it is held with both. It may still be valid, depending on what is happening at the time. I wonder what Miculek would say if asked.

Jerry's signature grips are smooth. I hate them. Of course I*m not even a pale imitation of Jerry.