Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Teslong endoscope/bore scope quick review

I've wanted a bore scope for a while, but the price tag had kept me away. I figured technology had to have made these things cheaper. And some quick googling proved i was correct.

I found 2 (I'm sure there are plenty more) brands making them with the gun market in mind. Teslong and EndoSnake. Both brands had good reviews but i went with Teslong because of the usb end and some images i saw online.

It arrived today and it works pretty dammed well. It fits into the barrel of my ar15 (5.56/.223) as advertised. It uses a mirror to look at the walls of the barrel and has built in illumination. The depth of view of the camera isn't much, but installing a gas block will be perfect next time. Just be sure to line everything up before you install the gas tube.

For 85$ shipped (from Amazon - their site claims to be sold out) and with cheaper models available from both brands (i bought the rigid 26" model), there is very little reason not to own one.

I can't comment on the EndoSnake brand, but the Teslong was plug and play with my computer (Windows 10) and no software needed. It came with a bunch of adapters to plug into other devices. Micro usb and usb c maybe? But i figured generic usb inputs should be around for a while so i won't end up with an obsolete camera too soon.

Also, the rigid model costs more but supposed deals with people breaking the probe wiring on the cable models.

-Zach

(Berks County)

Default Re: Teslong endoscope/bore scope quick review

F5 F5 F5 Pictures aren't loading!

(Bucks County)

I knew this was going to happen. Haha. I didn't take pictures or video. I should have. But i was just running it down an already assembled barrel to make sure the ups guys didn't damage the camera that Amazon poorly packed.

It comes in a tube like when you order artwork. The tube is probably like 30" long. The box the tube was put into was like 6' long and with absolutely zero bubble or padding inside.

One end of the tube had popped open during shipping. So I was just verifying function and getting a feel for it.

Next time I'll get pictures.

-Zach

(Berks County)

I'd like to have one. Appreciate the review.

By now you've probably stuck that thing in all kinds of places.

Ray

(Bucks County)

Great post, Zach. Piqued my interest. I ordered 3...one for me and one for each son. They are coming today.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Beaver County)

I have the Teslong also. Works well on the laptop or phone. 90 degree mirror is a nice feature. Worth the money. It's a great gun show tool when buying used stuff.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Great post, Zach. Piqued my interest. I ordered 3...one for me and one for each son. They are coming today.
    Let us know how you like it. Did you get the rigid model or the flex line?

-Zach

(Bucks County)

I bought the flex model. Seemed to make sense for storage and transportation.

Initially, I was disappointed in the barely acceptable focus. Fortunately, I have a photography history. Unscrewing the mirror a little over 1/8" focused it very well.

Tickled with it! Readily recommend it!

Gotta laugh at the inclusion of two packets of 70% alcohol, each with instruction external use only, if pain persists see a physician.

Huh??? LOL

Well, I am embarrassed. After using the scope and writing about it, I then read the directions...which show how to adjust the mirror to obtain focus. Duhh....
    Last edited by Bang; June 20th, 2020 at 01:39 PM.

(Montgomery County)

I have been using the flex model for a month and it has been worth every penny!. I am using an old laptop to view, but I have had nothing but issues getting an app to see a picture on my android? Any ideas out there? I will say being a plumber and paying $4000 for my first Rigid SeeSnake sewer cam system.....this is better and beyond me how great a value this is. Don't hesitate guys...Have fun,

Gerry

(Bucks County)

I think the Android must have Go ability. My S6 doesn't have it and trying to install it failed. Haven't tried laptop yet, just have used my 8.1 PC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast