Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: 300 Blackout ammo

If your bullets were that great, your customers would be telling everyone on here and everywhere else online how great your bullets are, BUT...instead we have to hear you pat yourself on your back, so I would suspect your bullets are ok.

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    I haven't sold much or any 300's to forum members. Lots of guys here run my pistol bullets to load their own ammo. Couple members here run my 9mm sub ammo, couple thousand rounds a month.

We shot a few hundred subs and supers yesterday at the group shoot. Fun day.

My ammo is no real secret. For the AR platform I use 9 grains of Win 296 under my 220 bullet that I make. For bolt actions I use 4 grains of Clay's. I make all my brass from LC or Federal cases.

I dont worry if someone on this site uses my stuff or not. I'm not really here for my business purposes. This is more for me personally. And If I can help someone out with something that my business does I offer it up.

We are currently selling about 40,000 220 bullets a month, and about 4k rounds of loaded 300 ammo a month. I have 5 or so other ammo manufactures that I know of using my 220 bullet in their ammo. You dont have to buy mine but if you buy cast 300 ammo there is a good chance it has my bullet in it.

Those manufacturers would be Lake Martin Munitions, Spark Ammo, Master Ammo, Gulf Coast Ammo, Black Dot Ammo, Blacksmith Armory to name a few. I'm sure there is more.

Not to blow my own horn but I make the best cast 220 grain 30 caliber bullet available. Period. I spent a lot of money in R&D to design a bullet just for subs. I own the rights to my mold design and no one else can make that bullet. Everyone else just uses a generic cast 30 cal bullet (mainly from 30-30's) and tries to push those, While they will work they are not the best. I will put my bullet that I cast up against any other bullet out there. I can shoot that bullet just as accurate as a 220 SMK for a fraction of the cost.

I wont say my ammo is the best because I have shot alot of others 300 sub ammo. But I like to work with my customers to make the best ammo for their gun. Not just sell some stuff I put together.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    If your bullets were that great, your customers would be telling everyone on here and everywhere else online how great your bullets are, BUT...instead we have to hear you pat yourself on your back, so I would suspect your bullets are ok.
    Now up to 60,000 or so a month. Not bad for an "ok" bullet manufacture.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    Maybe they're all too busy shooting and reloading?
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    Maybe they're all too busy shooting and reloading?
    or working, i have a thousand couple of them.....if i could shoot more often id buy more.
    they really are good stuff.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    or working, i have a thousand couple of them.....if i could shoot more often id buy more.
    they really are good stuff.
    Thanks for the plug.

Btw 300's are going copper colored for a few months. The black coating is sold out and Australia is partially closed. So should have black in stock sometime around September.

(Luzerne County)

It's a horrible time to buy ammo, in a month or two stock will replenish and things should be back to normal prices. There is quite an ammo shortage right now, this is why reloading is very convenient.

(Blair County)

I got 400 Lehigh Defense 110gr cc 52$ per 100. I got Lehigh brass 28$/100. Using 17.7gr of Ramshot Enforcer thru my 8.5 inch barrel and Im tickle pink. Dialed in, made 100 last night, going to load the rest tonight.20200714_134950.jpg
    Last edited by Edg; July 16th, 2020 at 04:50 PM.

(Beaver County)

Looks just fine to me

(Chester County)

I shot a bunch of Ron's 300blk 220 bullet and it shot very nicely. I have no hesitation to recommend his 220gr bullet to anyone. And I will be getting more once I burn through this batch.
    Hoplophobia is funny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12