Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PA DL with pic

(Delaware County)

Default Re: PA DL with pic

Got mine early 80s with photo. Cut from a polaroid sheet and handed out in a small plastic sleeve.

(Monroe County)

My last one was in 2002. Used my deployed as the reason. (really it's good as long as your in but wanted to see if I could get one)
    Funny thing is I used my mil ID at bar in South side Allentown and so how the bouncer thought a CAC chip mil ID could be faked easy. Yea I'm sure all the Salisbury HS kids do that.
    Insisted I give him my DL So I said oookkk and handed my Valid w/o photo PADL he stammered howw..well I was floating in the pearsin fucking gulf off the coast of Iraq- kind of hard to get to the photo center....and now look the bartender has his cigar cutter ready and a beer, you going to let me in or I got to call MCALL and say your antimil. Nice I was there 4-10 times a year when I was in town but the bartender knew me. He straightened out the bouncer.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bug View Post
    Can someone tell me what year PA started putting the picture on their drivers license? TIA

Bob D
    It was the year 1980.

The first on I had was issued in Oct of 81. I still have it because I had hair then.

Can someone tell me what year PA started putting the picture on their drivers license? TIA

Bob D
    I got my first DL (PA) in 1980, it had a picture.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    It was the year 1980.
    It was 1980. I used my brothers ID in New Jersey in 1979, without the photo. I'm pretty sure that is also the year that New Jersey began to raise it's drinking age from 18 to 21.

(Delaware County)

1980 sounds like a winner. One more thing, when did they go from a 2 yr license to a 4 year license? Was there ever a 1 year license? My PA LCB photo ID was issued 9/16/64. Three days after I turned 21. I was thirsty...

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

1980 sounds like a winner. One more thing, when did they go from a 2 yr license to a 4 year license? Was there ever a 1 year license? My PA LCB photo ID was issued 9/16/64. Three days after I turned 21. I was thirsty...
    The legal drinking age was 21 already back in '64? I would have thought it would be 18 back then. But then again PA has always been uptight when it came to alcohol.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fortytwo View Post
    The legal drinking age was 21 already back in '64? I would have thought it would be 18 back then. But then again PA has always been uptight when it came to alcohol.
    To the best of my knowledge PA never had a drinking age below 21 in recent history (since prohibition). New York did for a long time and NJ did in the 1970s. I seem to recall the feds pushing the states to raise it to 21 by threatening to withold highway money or something like that. Drunk driving program of some sort...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    To the best of my knowledge PA never had a drinking age below 21 in recent history (since prohibition). New York did for a long time and NJ did in the 1970s. I seem to recall the feds pushing the states to raise it to 21 by threatening to withold highway money or something like that. Drunk driving program of some sort...
    Yep. I was 19 in 1964. From 1963 until 1966, I made many trips across the border to Kelly's, Anthony's, the Mar-Mar, etc. in Ripley and Westfield, NY. Too many! Looking back, it's amazing I survived, and was never stopped. I'd guess 90% or more of the patrons in the bars we patronized were from PA.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast