Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Clinton County)

Default Re: Rep. Gaetz Calls on ATF to Cease Plans Restricting Arm Brace Usage

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    I don't know, they make braces for freaking everything nowadays. Pistols, pistol ARs, shotguns, PCCs etc. I wouldn't be surprised if SBA has sold at least 700k themselves. Hell a guy I know has 3 of them.
    Only 3? I bet most people have a half dozen or more each.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    Just remember those "approval letters" items come with are worthless and they can do whatever they want.
    Those letters are potentially volatile. Think of them as being printed with disappearing ink.

In and of themselves, each NFA Technical Branch letter is a "date-in-time" dependent statement of interpretation based on the individual author's opinion of the incident case presented. The problems with this include but are not limited to:

1) The author gets reassigned or retires, and someone new is in charge of that particular subject matter, and he/she/it has a different opinion depending on personal politics, supervisory direction, where they stand on the social justice - time continuum, etc.

b) (And perhaps this is the most damaging to firearms enthusiasts) There are "activist" gun owners who make a habit of writing requests for interpretation to the NFA Technical Branch. In many cases, they ask the same question that's been asked and answered before, but each new iteration of the question brings the opportunity for the subject matter to be re-interpreted when viewed through the lens of the day. Members of the "hardware"-oriented forums tend to engage in this activity, and there are specific individuals who seem to revel in being able to brag that they have "X" amount of NFA Branch letters to their personal questions in their files. These people are ego-driven idiots who are compelled to keep asking, "but what about . . ." time and again, spotlighting the issue.
    These people do not understand the concept of letting sleeping dogs lie.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Southern South Western South Eastern York county, Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Only 3? I bet most people have a half dozen or more each.
    I thought I saved the link but I can't find it....There was a paper published a few years ago where the author used some mathematical theory to estimate that there were closer to one billion guns in the US. He looked at at NICS checks since the program began, the number of 80% lowers sold, the number of firearms sold before NICS, etc and determined there were at least 600 million firearms in US hands, maybe as many as 1.5 billion. Even the latest gun control group numbers concede there are at least 400 million in circulation.

I don't remember the exact figures, but the number of 80% lowers sold every year was staggering - somewhere in the millions.

(Mifflin County)

I will go with the 1.5 billion or MORE myself .

(Bucks County)

It'll never happen! Just look at bump stocks!

Well, um, wait.....
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow

guess I'll be a felon

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by djeuch View Post
    It'll never happen! Just look at bump stocks!

Well, um, wait.....
    Ya everyone who got caught up in the bump stock deal is like, Arm braces? Who cares!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Str8liner View Post
    Ya everyone who got caught up in the bump stock deal is like, Arm braces? Who cares!
    Binary triggers are still legal.

I can say this, if they say that braces are stocks, there's going to be some people who slap on actual stocks and extend the finger. Toss on a long flash hider for cosmetic at the range purposes and you'll likely be left alone. The authorities would only check for pin/weld if a crime is committed...

Southern South Western South Eastern York county, Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    The authorities would only check for pin/weld if a crime is committed...
    Or at a traffic stop. Or at a gunsmith. Or your buddy turns you in to save himself.

Would this decision make braces illegal entirely, or would they be considered equal to a full stock, thereby instantly making any braced pistol an illegal SBR?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jesemd View Post
    Or at a traffic stop. Or at a gunsmith. Or your buddy turns you in to save himself.

Would this decision make braces illegal entirely, or would they be considered equal to a full stock, thereby instantly making any braced pistol an illegal SBR?
    It all depends on how they misinterpret the law to suit their needs.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234