Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Rep. Gaetz Calls on ATF to Cease Plans Restricting Arm Brace Usage

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    Which type of pistol brace they going after?
    It has not been made public yet so no one knows. Off the top of my head I would think any brace that does not have a way to connect to the arm like a strap would be it or the new offerings for true pistols like the Glock and Sig offerings that have been coming out.

Who knows with them it's probably everything.

(Allegheny County)

They didn't ban just ONE brand of bump stock... did they?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Just remember those "approval letters" items come with are worthless and they can do whatever they want.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    Just remember those "approval letters" items come with are worthless and they can do whatever they want.
    Always remember:

Constitution>statute>regulation>policy>letter of interpretation of regulation/policy

Any policy document that has the effect of a regulation or higher, that doesn't undergo the Rulemaking process is in violatiin of Federl law. This is the Achilles heel of this type of action and where folks like Gunlawyer and Josh Prince need to focus their effort. There is enough case law on APA violations that I'm sure something already decided could be applied here.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Southern South Western South Eastern York county, Pennsylvania

The only uplifting part of this is the statement that the one particular model of brace they are trying to ban is already owned by 700,000 people. Imagine if even 10% of that number became genuinely active in 2A rights. Now imagine they all did.

This also leads me to believe that the number of AR-15s in circulation is severely underrepresented in the media. If braced pistols with one brand of brace number 700,000, then there must more than 15 million ARs in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Always remember:

Constitution>statute>regulation>policy>letter of interpretation of regulation/policy

Any policy document that has the effect of a regulation or higher, that doesn't undergo the Rulemaking process is in violatiin of Federl law. .
    While this sounds great, trays not how it plays out in real life. What will happen if caught with what they deem illegal on that day (at minimum) is confiscation turning into civil asset forfeiture where you can file a claim on the property at a cost not less than $250. Which they know you wont pay for a $20 blade brace.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    While this sounds great, trays not how it plays out in real life. What will happen if caught with what they deem illegal on that day (at minimum) is confiscation turning into civil asset forfeiture where you can file a claim on the property at a cost not less than $250. Which they know you wont pay for a $20 blade brace.
    If they go after blade braces I can see a pair of 3d printers in my future. I'll hand those fuckers out like Halloween candy. Paper weights you see.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by jesemd View Post
    The only uplifting part of this is the statement that the one particular model of brace they are trying to ban is already owned by 700,000 people. Imagine if even 10% of that number became genuinely active in 2A rights. Now imagine they all did.

This also leads me to believe that the number of AR-15s in circulation is severely underrepresented in the media. If braced pistols with one brand of brace number 700,000, then there must more than 15 million ARs in the country.
    I'm incredulous that 700,000 people own a specific model of brace, that number seems closer to the total number of braces.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    I'm incredulous that 700,000 people own a specific model of brace, that number seems closer to the total number of braces.
    Cruzans - he always skews the data.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

I don't know, they make braces for freaking everything nowadays. Pistols, pistol ARs, shotguns, PCCs etc. I wouldn't be surprised if SBA has sold at least 700k themselves. Hell a guy I know has 3 of them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast