Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Rock River Side Mount Sling Swivel

I'm not one to load up any of my firearms to be a tactical trash wagon. I did however add a few upgrades to my A3 Colt in .223. Of course I bought the PSA detachable carry handle, what other choice would it be? None. To mount the Vickers Blue Force sling there were some real questionable options but then I found that people like me that want to keep things simple were using the Colt Side Mount Sling Swivel that mounts the swivel directly onto the barrel underneath the front sight. Apparently it was designed to be used with the M203 Grenade launcher.

Trying to find one of these a few months back in the times we are in was looking like an impossible task. Then I remembered that instead of trying to find one with Colt product trademarks on it find out who made it for them. It was Rock River. I got one for $27 and $5 shipping. If you can find the Colt marked one add $100. It was the same back in the 90's when I wanted a cheek piece for my A2 stock. The Colt one was outrageously priced but they were manufactured by Cherokee for Colt and to buy one was 1/3 the price of the one that had the Colt Trademark molded into it.

Anyway, I mounted the side mount swivel with the Vickers Blue Force and on the rear I used the GG&G sling thing and now the sling lets the rifle set flat up against the body so it can mounted quickly, be out of the way if your hands are needed and fairly comfortable to carry for longer periods of time. You have to make sure if its a Colt stock that the adapter is the one with the cutout on the lip to fit it. There is small ridge on the Colt stock just above the mounting hole. Some other manufactures use the same stock. These mounts can be easily be set up to either side. I left the rear sling loop on in case I experience any failures or difficulty with the GG&G rear stock mount. There seems to be no problem at this point.

https://www.rockriverarms.com/index....tegory_ID=1572

https://www.blueforcegear.com/vickers-sling

https://www.gggaz.com/sling-thing-sl...tachments.html

Last edited by JenniferG; June 16th, 2020 at 11:09 PM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Rock River Side Mount Sling Swivel

I have one of the RRA side sling swivels on one of my rifles. It is a looser fit than a USGI one, but it works well enough.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Rock River Side Mount Sling Swivel

Hey, if Harley built an airplane...would you fly in it?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.