Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Default Re: What did you build yourself

Things to come: what started as an impulse buy $35 4.5” ballistic advantage barrel quickly wound up becoming an upper/lower/barrel combo this weekend at morgantown show. $175 invested so far (not counting shipping or the $50 5.5” AT handguard). Scored the glock lower for $80 and the upper for $60. Bonus, if i decide to make it takedown i can hot swap to 45acp with this upper.

Most likely install a KVP linear comp, meprolight tritium buis, 3lb drop in trigger, extended controls, and a Breek warhammer charging handle to round out the build. Backpack gun. Havent decided on buffer setup, maybe short buffer from pantheon

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    Things to come: what started as an impulse buy $35 4.5* ballistic advantage barrel quickly wound up becoming an upper/lower/barrel combo this weekend at morgantown show. $175 invested so far (not counting shipping or the $50 5.5* AT handguard). Scored the glock lower for $80 and the upper for $60. Bonus, if i decide to make it takedown i can hot swap to 45acp with this upper.

Most likely install a KVP linear comp, meprolight tritium buis, 3lb drop in trigger, extended controls, and a Breek warhammer charging handle to round out the build. Backpack gun. Havent decided on buffer setup, maybe short buffer from pantheon
    So when you dropping it off to have it match the handguard lol

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    So when you dropping it off to have it match the handguard lol
    I’ll text ya this weekend maybe we can set up the jig and get er done before you spray it, so the inside matches the outside

(Washington County)

Semi 5.56 CETME L

Took months but the flat bending jig rental from Marcolmer finally came. Used a parts kit from Apex and Marcolmer made the flat, barrel, semi parts, and new springs. I need to figure out the failure to eject then I will paint the receiver green.

In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Berks County)

*is awesome. Wish I had the skills for that ��.

Today I cut the roof of my power stroke to glue on a junkyard ambulance high top for stealth camping and overlanding ��

Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    Semi 5.56 CETME L

Took months but the flat bending jig rental from Marcolmer finally came. Used a parts kit from Apex and Marcolmer made the flat, barrel, semi parts, and new springs. I need to figure out the failure to eject then I will paint the receiver green.

Beautiful area.
    FJB

(Washington County)

Thanks, it's nice to come home to every day.

81mm Yugo/Serb mortar (form 1 build) is ready to fire. Tried a load yesterday didn't get it to work, other than some popped primers. I need to compress the pistol powder more to get it to ignite. These use a shotgun blank in the base of the mortar round to launch it.

Also putting together a display for my grandfather's WW2 uniform for the VFW in his hometown. He earned the Silver Star, Bronze Star, and Purple Heart in Europe. 1st ID, 16th Inf Reg, L Co. I'll make a post to share his story when I get the display done and installed.

In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Berks County)

Thanks, it's nice to come home to every day.

81mm Yugo/Serb mortar (form 1 build) is ready to fire. Tried a load yesterday didn't get it to work, other than some popped primers. I need to compress the pistol powder more to get it to ignite. These use a shotgun blank in the base of the mortar round to launch it.

Also putting together a display for my grandfather's WW2 uniform for the VFW in his hometown. He earned the Silver Star, Bronze Star, and Purple Heart in Europe. 1st ID, 16th Inf Reg, L Co. I'll make a post to share his story when I get the display done and installed.

Very nice, congratulations.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

It was 0700 hours, thirty minutes behind schedule, when five LCAs carried the men of Captain John Armellino*s L Company to the Fox Red sector of Omaha Beach and towards the jaws of death for many of these brave young men. The infantrymen were dropped in the middle of several rows of defences and in varying depths of water. So from the moment the ramps were lowered and the men started to jump into the cold waters, the only thing they saw was 180 meters of open beach ahead of them with sheer cliffs at the head varying in heights up to 60 meters. On top of the bluffs was the German strongpoint WN-60. This strongpoint was located a the F-1 Exit on Fox Red. It was called the Carbourg Exit and is the road leading to Le Grand Hameau.
    https://www.16thinfantry.com/unit-hi...first-to-fall/

This sums it up pretty well.

Last edited by Story; April 6th, 2023 at 12:50 PM.

(Washington County)

That morning he earned the Bronze Star for fearlessly moving across perilous terrain to an exposed vantage point and destroying numerous hostile emplacements (from the official citation).

Like many, he told few accounts of the war, all he said about the Bronze Star was that he used a machinegun to take out some German machinegun nests.

He passed away in 1996, 2 years before Saving Private Ryan came out. He watched war movies, but I don't know how that movie would of hit him.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast