I have some questions about FFL etiquette! I've only purchased two guns online before, so my experience is pretty limited. Also, this is my first time using this particular FFL.

My particular situation is like this: The FFL I used is open 7 days a week according to their site, and the gun I purchased online was delivered Thursday. I emailed them the week before to check that they were open and taking online orders, which they responded to instantly. I also sent an email out the day before the gun was supposed to be delivered, just verifying what I got and all of my contact info.

I haven't heard from them yet, but I'm trying not to be a ball buster, so I haven't called them.

I'm wondering what timeframe I should look at in terms of calling them, even though I sent an email already last week. I was thinking maybe a week since the gun's delivery would be long enough?

I'm assuming every FFL is pretty swamped right now, what do you all think? My old FFL would contact me pretty much immediately after the package was signed for, but that's probably an exception and not the rule, and it wasn't during the pandemic.