Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
I am not blaming the president he can only appoint them, they have to have the balls to do whats right after that.
And that is part of the importance of another term for Trump. Right now on Paper it looks like if a gun rights case comes up and the Constitution is followed, it would be 5-4 in favor. But with Roberts it*s not a guarantee anymore. I can easily see him siding with left side of the court on firearm matters.

Heck, if I am one of the 9 and respect the Constitution, but did not think the votes were there to uphold the spirit of the 2nd because of Roberts, I would probably vote not to hear the case because I don*t want precedent to be set. It would look bad for me but in the end I would have respect for the 2nd in mind.

I am hoping that it does not become a trend for people to say *see, Trump appointed 2 Supreme Court judges and the 2nd got nothing from it so there goes the vote for Trump because of the Supreme Court argument*. I can easily see that becoming a counter when people say that you should vote *Trump* because of the Supreme Court.

I*ve read a lot of people on line trashing Trump trying to get people not to vote for him or thinking it*s futile to vote for him. *Mostly other sites*. He is far from perfect (Including on the 2nd) but still heads and shoulders above Biden or any other national democrat who seem to be embracing the destruction of the 2nd.