Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default East German 5.45 MPi-AKS-74N parts kit build on Norinco 56S?

I just recently bought a EG 5.45 MPi-AKS-74N semi auto build. I have a Title 2 F/A Norinco 56S in 7.62.

I am curious to know if like Krink conversions on the market can a proper build come of these two Platforms?? I would send it off of course to probably Two Rivers Arms for the work. I just wonder if the mag well would be too loose and a good fit and finish would suffer because the two calibers do not match up? I would like to build a definite one of a kind rifle and having a transferable EG 5.45 at the MG shoots would be a good way to get the drooling going on the range. Thanks in advance to any advice, recommendations and or thoughts on this subject.

Default Re: East German 5.45 MPi-AKS-74N parts kit build on Norinco 56S?

Honestly akfiles would probably be a better place to ask, if it can be done someone there probably has done it. 5.45 Mag wells are smaller but idk if there is a suitable fix that will hold up to fa. I could see trying it on s post sample but my bank account isn't big enough that I'd try it on a transferable.

(Armstrong County)

Its been done in some fashion a numberoftimes. There are transferable Krink AKS-74U out in the wild. They were 7.62 guns at some point since any AK74 of any configuration would not not have made the 1968 cut.

The Norinco's have a thicker receiver, and may take some modification to the trunion to get fitments correct. But not impossible. I cant remember if the 74s had smaller trunions or if the Norinco did as well to fit their sheet metal.

Mario at Piece of History or Troy at In Range would be my first guess at doing this modification previously.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Clearfield County)

Just be aware that the result would be worth significantly less than the original rifle is.