Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: MORGANTOWN [was OAKS] (Eagle Arms) August 29 & 30, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    any decent IFAK kits and where are the 10 pmags at...thanks
    The mags are in the right side room, counting from the right wall, 3rd aisle, 2nd table on the right. It is Todds from Springfield.
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM. AECIDAE TELO IACET LIBATIS.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by comsubin61 View Post
    The mags are in the right side room, counting from the right wall, 3rd aisle, 2nd table on the right. It is Todds from Springfield.
    Thank you! I know of the vendor

(Bucks County)

[QUOTE=Walleye Hunter;4267751]I don't know what an IFAK kit is so can't help you there. $10 pmags are in the hall on the right a few aisles in then on the right. That's the best I can remember.

IFAK is a individual first did kit....

Thanks for the update!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPA View Post
    Thanks for the reports, guys! I had planned on going, but had an event tonight that was cancelled due to rain...and have other tomorrow. (As mentioned in another thread, I made a purchase last weekend anyhow)

I was hoping to hear how the 80% market it. Walleye mentioned the lowers, but I was wondering about the 80% pistol kits. Not sure that I want one...just wonder if any are in stock these days.
    80% ar lowers all over saw some raw ones for $65. Rest were $75+ one guy they were $125. 80% glock/sig was just JSD. Full kits only and they didnt have every type anyway. $560 for full kits, they had a one open 17 with rmr for $530. And had a 17 with slight blem on slide for $500 but i know that ones gone. Didnt see anyone with just uppers or upper with bcg... I was looking.

(Chester County)

Ifak in left hall back far corner. Prices seemed ok.

(Delaware County)

I went hoping to arrive around 9:15 - usually works out for Oaks, figured that it might for this. Unfortunately I didn't know that my wife had messed with the preferences for the navigation in the SUV, so I ended up taking the scenic route which ultimately said that my destination was on the left. I asked the cows in that field, but they were resting between rain storms. Used Google maps instead and got to the show about 15 minutes later - about 9:45. Line was long, but it moved fairly quickly. Got to the entrance after about 1/2 hour. In the line, most people were wearing masks and keeping a distance from each other, maybe not 6 feet but at least 4 or 5. Things got more scrunched inside, but people were trying to keep a bit of distance - except for the usual small group of "I'll give you my Covid if you'll give me yours." Because of these latter, I was glad I was wearing a KN95 mask instead of a blue one or a bandana.

The crowd and layout reminded me of the last few Valley Forge gun shows that they had in the Warminster Sportsplex. By 10:15 the 80% pistol table only had a few Glock 17 kits and a couple of others. I did see stripped lowers inside the right hall as you came in. There was a line for .308 ammo, but I didn't need much in that department so I skipped it. Saw Scots Guards table but they were busy so I didn't want to interrupt. Ammo at the Cowboy loads table was more expensive than when I bought my last supply, but I didn't need any. There were a couple of walkers including some guy selling a Mossberg 590 A1 that was almost new because he had bought it and then busted his shoulder - how 2020 can you get? I was hoping to see the shotgun specialty ammo folk there, but didn't see them. Peter's Pickles was there all the way at the end of the middle hall; didn't see Holzingers there. The reloading supply guy was at the left front of the left hall when entering; there was also a line there, but it was shorter than for the ammo guy in the right hall.

All in all, there was a decent selection of firearms, but nothing unusual or anything that I had a yearning for. Business seemed to be somewhat brisk. More people buying ammo than guns that I could see. As for me, I ended up with 2 pairs of socks from Goldie's and a bottle of Diet Pepsi. Spent about 45 minutes looking around and then left. I was hungry, but luckily there was a decent Scottish restaurant at the end of the road; I used the drive through and got a Big Mac. Because of the crowds, when I got home I immediately stripped, threw my clothes in the washing machine using the sanitize cycle, showered, and put on fresh stuff. I'm glad I went, but won't go back tomorrow. We'll see about Oaks in October.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    I went hoping to arrive around 9:15 - usually works out for Oaks, figured that it might for this. Unfortunately I didn't know that my wife had messed with the preferences for the navigation in the SUV, so I ended up taking the scenic route which ultimately said that my destination was on the left. I asked the cows in that field, but they were resting between rain storms. Used Google maps instead and got to the show about 15 minutes later - about 9:45. Line was long, but it moved fairly quickly. Got to the entrance after about 1/2 hour. In the line, most people were wearing masks and keeping a distance from each other, maybe not 6 feet but at least 4 or 5. Things got more scrunched inside, but people were trying to keep a bit of distance - except for the usual small group of "I'll give you my Covid if you'll give me yours." Because of these latter, I was glad I was wearing a KN95 mask instead of a blue one or a bandana.

The crowd and layout reminded me of the last few Valley Forge gun shows that they had in the Warminster Sportsplex. By 10:15 the 80% pistol table only had a few Glock 17 kits and a couple of others. I did see stripped lowers inside the right hall as you came in. There was a line for .308 ammo, but I didn't need much in that department so I skipped it. Saw Scots Guards table but they were busy so I didn't want to interrupt. Ammo at the Cowboy loads table was more expensive than when I bought my last supply, but I didn't need any. There were a couple of walkers including some guy selling a Mossberg 590 A1 that was almost new because he had bought it and then busted his shoulder - how 2020 can you get? I was hoping to see the shotgun specialty ammo folk there, but didn't see them. Peter's Pickles was there all the way at the end of the middle hall; didn't see Holzingers there. The reloading supply guy was at the left front of the left hall when entering; there was also a line there, but it was shorter than for the ammo guy in the right hall.

All in all, there was a decent selection of firearms, but nothing unusual or anything that I had a yearning for. Business seemed to be somewhat brisk. More people buying ammo than guns that I could see. As for me, I ended up with 2 pairs of socks from Goldie's and a bottle of Diet Pepsi. Spent about 45 minutes looking around and then left. I was hungry, but luckily there was a decent Scottish restaurant at the end of the road; I used the drive through and got a Big Mac. Because of the crowds, when I got home I immediately stripped, threw my clothes in the washing machine using the sanitize cycle, showered, and put on fresh stuff. I'm glad I went, but won't go back tomorrow. We'll see about Oaks in October.
    Why are you so afraid of getting cooties?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post

Got there around 11. Drizzle and a long winding line bunched together. New entrance looked like an alleyway. New York license plates. Most people mom mall ever saw. Kept on driving, would be picked clean anyway and not in that big of a hurry to throw money away. Fuk 2020 fuk COVID. Sad about no pickles. Fridge full anyway. Bummer.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Bucks County)

Went today, got targets from EZ and some ammo cans and some 22lr... Prices seem a bit jacked for certain things, but some deals around

Scots Guard seemed busy which is good

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Why are you so afraid of getting cooties?
    I'm at that age and state of health that I don't want to be hooked up to a decootifier in order to facilitate decootification.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast