Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: OAKS (Eagle Arms) July 18th and 19th, 2020

you can shoot at classic relatively easy depending on the day..

Default Re: OAKS (Eagle Arms) August 28, 29 & 30, 2020

Looks like oaks is finding another way to make money... A drive in theater

https://www.dailylocal.com/arts_and_..._GK0l4-3ufOPeo

UPPER PROVIDENCE — The coronavirus pandemic has resulted in movie theaters across the country closing their screens while giving life to a budding phenomenon that is both warmly nostalgic and yet so 2020.

A pop up drive-in theater concept is coming to the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center at Oaks beginning July 24.

Kilburn Live, billed in a press release as “a leader in live experiential entertainment,” has announced the arrival of “Cinema Pop-ups,” designed to “create a safe and innovative type of drive-in theater that includes a number of social distancing protocols.

The first locations launched at various Brookfield Properties earlier this summer in Denver (Park Meadows), Dallas (Town East) and Minneapolis (Crossroads).

With car spaces at least eight feet apart, guests will be given ample space for themselves and their families. In addition, according to the release, aside from the traditional FM audio options, visitors can use an exclusive new patent-pending sound distribution system that gives them the ability to stream audio over a local network. This allows them to use their own personal wired or wireless mobile devices, including ones with Bluetooth, to hear the film.

“As people continue to seek new forms of entertainment, we are proud to add new locations for our unique drive-ins, allowing audiences to experience the magic of movies in a safe way,” said Kilburn CEO Mark Manuel. “The Expo Center is a great partner for us as they are just as committed as we are to finding creative ways to adapt to these new circumstances while promoting a fun experience for families.”

Among the debut titles to be screened will be an array of popular films ranging from “The Goonies”(July 24) to the newly released “Palm Springs”, as well as concerts featuring country music’s Blake Shelton (July 25.)

Visit www.cinemapopups.com for more information on tickets and programming.

A special offer for the showings will also be included in the Valley Forge Tourism & Convention Board’s (VFTCB) #MakeItMontco Hotel Package, which can be booked at valleyforge.org, or on the VFTCB’s free Visit Valley Forge mobile app.

Free Movie Night
    Area residents are invited to catch a free screening of "American Graffiti" this Saturday at 8:30 p.m. at Eastwood, 263 Shoemaker Road, Pottstown, PA 19464

Bring your hot rods, lawn chairs and blankets for American Graffiti this Saturday. Eastwood is hosting its first movie night, with a 32-foot inflatable screen, projecting one of the most iconic car movies of all time.

Snacks and light refreshments will be available by the Lions Club

(Montgomery County)

This thread has gone way off topic. Has anyone heard anything more up to date about the show? It's less than a month to go now. I'm starting to wish I would have gone to Gettysburg for today.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by highrollerz2323 View Post
    This thread has gone way off topic. Has anyone heard anything more up to date about the show? It's less than a month to go now. I'm starting to wish I would have gone to Gettysburg for today.
    I too have been wondering about Oaks. The event still doesn't show on the convention center's calendar.

If it is on, I also think about what will actually be there. With shelves empty at the local shops...is there's any real inventory to being to a show.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPA View Post
    I too have been wondering about Oaks. The event still doesn't show on the convention center's calendar.

If it is on, I also think about what will actually be there. With shelves empty at the local shops...is there's any real inventory to being to a show.
    Good point,I would like to go but I am not up for standing in a mile long line only to get in and see mostly Chinese knockoff knives and home improvement products.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Berks County)

Yeah, I make my own bacon now so I don't need Holsicker's any more. I don't wait in line for nothing and I'd turn around and go home without going in if I saw a bullshit line to get in. In some ways I hope that MONTCO sticks it to Eagle Arms on this as I have started the ball rolling to move the show to Berks County. Not that I really feel the need to have it up here but I'd love to watch MONTCO crash and burn over their bullshit policies.

And it's been quiet but Morgantown show is supposed to be next weekend.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lebanon County)

Oaks is OFF. will be in Morgantown now. will now be held in Oct.

(Montgomery County)

https://gunshowtrader.com/gunshows/p...nia-gun-shows/

It is still calling for the Oaks show to be on.
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM. AECIDAE TELO IACET LIBATIS.

It*s now saying Oaks is verified/confirmed depending on which site you look at. http://www.eagleshows.com/

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by forceinPA View Post
    Oaks is OFF. will be in Morgantown now. will now be held in Oct.
    I do not doubt this announcement and actually expected it. There could be enough room in that Morgantown venue to handle what Oaks used to do. Additionally, I have already put Berks County people in touch with Eagle Arms' people so if Berks does well they can have the whole show moved to somewhere in Berks permanently. Fuck MONTCO. BTW, I did not see any po leece checking for guns on the way into Morgantown last week. And not so much bullshit about masks.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast