Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: OAKS (Eagle Arms) July 18th and 19th, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    Walleye, Amen Brother. Some of us are ready for the invalid battalion. That doesn't mean we aren't ready to mix it if need be. We just have to adjust for our physical limitations. I'm not physically the same man at 60+ I was when I was 20+ or even 40+. Not many here, nor anywhere, usually are. Bugout should keep that in mind and remember; he's going to get old and decrepit someday as well.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Laugh it up, pal, I've been making the observation and comments regarding the condition of our Patriots for quite some time. It's very obvious that this group as a whole is in no condition to march to Gettysburg from Harper's Ferry overnight for a skirmish in the AM. You just want to make snide comments about it? It would be best to see it for what it is and adjust tactics to accommodate if one wants to win the fight.
    Ah , pay no attention to a lot of these youngsters , see a lot of them at the range with their 18 oz AR "battle rifles and tactical trouser".
    They like to look at my M1 a lot , I feel good about that , but noticed most want to hand it back to me after about 2 minutes ….. they tell me it's sooooo heavy? I show them the '06 round and they look at it like it's something fired from the decks of a battleship.
    Pretty unimpressive for the most part , much mouth , little ass

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Said the mummer fan.
    no sir try again... im not a fan of the mayor and was disappointed that the opportunity to call him out publicly on national TV was passed up.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    Ah , pay no attention to a lot of these youngsters , see a lot of them at the range with their 18 oz AR "battle rifles and tactical trouser".
    They like to look at my M1 a lot , I feel good about that , but noticed most want to hand it back to me after about 2 minutes *.. they tell me it's sooooo heavy? I show them the '06 round and they look at it like it's something fired from the decks of a battleship.
    Pretty unimpressive for the most part , much mouth , little ass
    i will just respond to all of the hate in this one post... go out and walk or hike and condition every now and again (the time is now), dont be obese (age is no excuse) and i say that with CARE for fellow patriots - not disdain. engagement if it happens will be up close, no one will be beyond 100yds - anything beyond that is make-believe movie garbage. they will travel in packs, they will be vicious. they are hungry. consider right now, its 100F out, what if you needed to be outside and alert or patroling for more than 2-3hrs w 20lbs or more of gear on you - could you do it? and i am not a tactical youngster (favor revolvers and ak's actually). obviously my comment hit a little too close to home, so think about that. not everyone can be overwatch. young and old will be needed standing together.
    Last edited by bugout; July 22nd, 2020 at 10:06 PM.

(York County)

the big question here is that IF the show is a "GO", what will be left to purchase and who will be there. For me, I have $1000 racked up in table rent, hotel, turnpike fees, gas, etc BEFORE i sell one thing. If the dealers are traveling to this show and don't have the inventory to make it worthwhile, they won't be there. less dealers will mean less tables and less variety so at the end of the day, you would have to make the decision based off of that wether or not you want to attend. That being said, I have hoarded some items and on some things, I have more in stock than my distributers, BUT I know that one show will wipe me out and reordering will not be easy or quick. Most dealers are moving so much stuff at their shop that the added business cost of doing a show will not benefit them at all if they can sell a comparable amount at their shop in the same number of days.

I realize that the folks in the Oaks/Philly areas have picked local shops clean and this was evident at the last Gettysburg show when so many people with Oaks/Philly/far eastern county addresses were buying guns. they traveled 2 plus hours to go to the Gettysburg show since big shows aren't going to happen any time soon. I fully expect to see this again next weekend at the Gettysburg show as well. online retailers are sold out of stuff, distributers are backordered for months and are sold out for the foreseeable future (up to the end of the year). the only advice I can off you guys who want to go to a show is to attend the smaller ones even if it means driving an hour or two more to a show you wouldn't waste the time on under normal circumstances. I want to go to the Oaks show, but I don't think that will be an option this year so I will have to stick with small local shows while I still have some stuff to sell.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    the big question here is that IF the show is a "GO", what will be left to purchase and who will be there. For me, I have $1000 racked up in table rent, hotel, turnpike fees, gas, etc BEFORE i sell one thing. If the dealers are traveling to this show and don't have the inventory to make it worthwhile, they won't be there. less dealers will mean less tables and less variety so at the end of the day, you would have to make the decision based off of that wether or not you want to attend. That being said, I have hoarded some items and on some things, I have more in stock than my distributers, BUT I know that one show will wipe me out and reordering will not be easy or quick. Most dealers are moving so much stuff at their shop that the added business cost of doing a show will not benefit them at all if they can sell a comparable amount at their shop in the same number of days.

I realize that the folks in the Oaks/Philly areas have picked local shops clean and this was evident at the last Gettysburg show when so many people with Oaks/Philly/far eastern county addresses were buying guns. they traveled 2 plus hours to go to the Gettysburg show since big shows aren't going to happen any time soon. I fully expect to see this again next weekend at the Gettysburg show as well. online retailers are sold out of stuff, distributers are backordered for months and are sold out for the foreseeable future (up to the end of the year). the only advice I can off you guys who want to go to a show is to attend the smaller ones even if it means driving an hour or two more to a show you wouldn't waste the time on under normal circumstances. I want to go to the Oaks show, but I don't think that will be an option this year so I will have to stick with small local shows while I still have some stuff to sell.
    I have a question for you...I live in Berks County, where the shim's mandates are less enforced at the bare minimum. I see them not enforced at all. I could call our commissioners' office and see if they could connect Eagle Arms with a larger venue in our county. Do you think it could pan out?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I have a question for you...I live in Berks County, where the shim's mandates are less enforced at the bare minimum. I see them not enforced at all. I could call our commissioners' office and see if they could connect Eagle Arms with a larger venue in our county. Do you think it could pan out?
    id like to say yes, but I just don't think so. Please note that I do not speak for any promoter or any business other than my own. The problem is that EVERY FFL dealer is state licensed to sell firearms. without that license, we cannot sell. If we step out of line, just like bars and restaurants our licenses can be revoked which leaves us without a way to earn a living and im not sure how hard or expensive it would be to reinstate that license. I don't want or need to take those risks because spending tens of thousands of dollar sin lego fees definitely outweighs the tens of dollars I make on a sale. that being said, everyone needs to cover their butts in this situation and I honestly don't think it is going to get easier. did we ever think there would be a day where we saw state police issuing warnings to bars and restaurants? staying off the radar is best in this time and day and I don't think it will take much at all for the state to shut down gun shows all together citing too many people in one area, not social distancing, not wearing mandated masks, etc. yes, I know there are some people who think wearing a mask for 4 minutes a day is stepping on their constitutional rights, but it is not. I don't want to get into a political argument about masks, but so many people tend to forget that gun shops are private businesses and can deny sales or service to people. they are also state and federal licensed businesses so we kind of have to play by all of the rules. unfortunately, in this business we are always upsetting someone. to that point, if word gets around that people are not doing what is mandated at a gathering, and the state gets pissy about it....the promoter and all of the businesses in attendance, and even the commissioner who helped get the show running, can be pulled into litigation and that is not at all what we want. honestly, the best thing to do is to just go to a small show and drive a little longer than you normally would. if you don't want to go, then stay home and try and catch some of this stuff at your local shop or on the inter webs.

(Philadelphia County)

you guys are exactly right about local shops picked clean in phila area - especially so if reasonably priced. you can not get more than 1 box of range ammo at a time (bulk is more or less gone like online)... you can get 22lr so the enlightened are doing so bc they remember from sandy.. lines at tanners/ bunker/ claytons/ classic EVERY day, at least 10 deep to pick off incoming shipments or grab scraps.

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    i will just respond to all of the hate in this one post... go out and walk or hike and condition every now and again (the time is now), dont be obese (age is no excuse) and i say that with CARE for fellow patriots - not disdain. engagement if it happens will be up close, no one will be beyond 100yds - anything beyond that is make-believe movie garbage. they will travel in packs, they will be vicious. they are hungry. consider right now, its 100F out, what if you needed to be outside and alert or patroling for more than 2-3hrs w 20lbs or more of gear on you - could you do it? and i am not a tactical youngster (favor revolvers and ak's actually). obviously my comment hit a little too close to home, so think about that. not everyone can be overwatch. young and old will be needed standing together.
    Relax , patrolling in that 100 degree heat for 3 hours with a pack on certainly didn't thicken your skin any
    No hate in my post ** you said something dumb *. I replied with something dumb
    other than that , I am perfectly fine

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    you guys are exactly right about local shops picked clean in phila area - especially so if reasonably priced. you can not get more than 1 box of range ammo at a time (bulk is more or less gone like online)... you can get 22lr so the enlightened are doing so bc they remember from sandy.. lines at tanners/ bunker/ claytons/ classic EVERY day, at least 10 deep to pick off incoming shipments or grab scraps.
    Slightly off topic...but I've been to the range where I have a membership (one of the ones mentioned above) probably a half dozen times or more...only to simply drive out. I don't even get out of the car when I see the line outside. I've only been able to shoot one since about March.

I've even tried calling another range where I could renew my membership...but they don't even answer the phone.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast