Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Default Re: OAKS (Eagle Arms) July 18th and 19th, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by ItchyTick View Post
    It is my understanding the 250 limit would include both exhibitors and attendees, basically making the show unprofitable.

Anyone else hear this?
    Precisely what I have been saying all along. Don't know how the promoters can promote shows they know aren't going to happen. An indoor event of that size isn't going to happen unless they're prepared to fight a lawsuit. Even a small local VFD gun show with 100-150 tables is going to have only 100 or so patrons at one time. Who's going to stand in line for an undetermined amount of time to pick through tables? Not me. What vendor wants to waste their time and money not knowing if it's going to happen, and how many may attend?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Precisely what I have been saying all along. Don't know how the promoters can promote shows they know aren't going to happen. An indoor event of that size isn't going to happen unless they're prepared to fight a lawsuit. Even a small local VFD gun show with 100-150 tables is going to have only 100 or so patrons at one time. Who's going to stand in line for an undetermined amount of time to pick through tables? Not me. What vendor wants to waste their time and money not knowing if it's going to happen, and how many may attend?
    promoters will promote shows with tentative dates because its not just as simple as picking whatever date, time, and venue you want when you want. these shows are scheduled months and months in advance and sometimes years in advance. if there is an opening on any given weekend (this usually doesn't happen as these venues are booked a full 12-16 months in advance) a promoter will have to hop on it ASAP. then he has to advertise it properly. and there are many other hoops to jump through. its much easier to schedule the show and promote it, then cancel later rather than not promote it at all and then get a date 2 weeks before it happens and not be able to advertise. the Bloomsburg show wasn't advertised and still showed canceled on some sites which made the turnout VERY low. if this continues, dealers won't be going, then show goers will get angry and the whole thing degrades very quickly. I expect this kind of thing to be something that will become more and more common as we go forward. with new mask mandates coming out today, it may ease the gathering limits, but who knows.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bug View Post
    YES. This show is officially cancelled. The plan is to make the August show a 3 day event. We'll see.
    F

august 8th & 9th: Morgantown
    august 28th, 29th, & 30th: Oaks

Quote Originally Posted by 7998 View Post
    My wife loves the pickles.

(Bucks County)

Besides all the BS limits on the number of people in a venue, masks, etc...my concern about a show now is inventory.

I've only been to a couple FFLs in the last month or so and have only been able to shoot at my home range once...but it seems that inventories of firearms and ammo are very low. A friend called one of our local FFLs yesterday looking for a particular 9MM and was told they only have 2 9MM pistols in inventory. Surely there are backorders for almost everything.

So, while a show is a place that I hope to find something interesting, maybe get a good deal...I'm wondering if there's any point in going to a show? Will there be inventory? Will prices be out of control? Will vendors even come, all things considered?

I know, more questions than answers and it's surely not my intent to bash the events...I could sure use an event like these now.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPA View Post
    Besides all the BS limits on the number of people in a venue, masks, etc...my concern about a show now is inventory.

I've only been to a couple FFLs in the last month or so and have only been able to shoot at my home range once...but it seems that inventories of firearms and ammo are very low. A friend called one of our local FFLs yesterday looking for a particular 9MM and was told they only have 2 9MM pistols in inventory. Surely there are backorders for almost everything.

So, while a show is a place that I hope to find something interesting, maybe get a good deal...I'm wondering if there's any point in going to a show? Will there be inventory? Will prices be out of control? Will vendors even come, all things considered?

I know, more questions than answers and it's surely not my intent to bash the events...I could sure use an event like these now.
    I would expect that it would all depend on what you are looking for. I would expect that 80% lowers are still being manufactured but don't have the show platform to sell them at and would expect them to be available. I would expect that folks who sell their collections for whatever reasons are still selling them and if a vendor does most of their selling through shows, that vendor should have stuff for sale. Good guys won't price gouge, bad guys will. Ammo, if available will sell out fast and early and probably won't be buyer's market price. Ammo cans should be piling up in someone's storage shed so I would hope to find good pricing on those. Pickles and bacon should still be plentiful.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPA View Post

Inventory? LIMITED
    Prices out of control? YES

Shows have barely been worthwhile for several years and current events will make them even less worthwhile.

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Well, among today's newly announced dicta is that all indoor gatherings are limited to 25 persons. Did I hear that news right? If so, gun shows are not happening any time soon.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fortytwo View Post
    Well, among today's newly announced dicta is that all indoor gatherings are limited to 25 persons. Did I hear that news right? If so, gun shows are not happening any time soon.
    IMO it's been past time for mass civil disobedience on this shit and now maybe more people will come to my way of thinking. It' obvious that it takes burning and looting to get the point across.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast