Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 134
  1. #111
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    258247

    Default Re: MORGANTOWN [was OAKS] (Eagle Arms) August 29 & 30, 2020

    Holy Crap! Got there today (Saturday) around 10:30 or so. Place was slammed and the line to get in was insane. Longer than any line that I've ever seen at Oaks. Said screw that and drove up to Sportsmans Shop for the heck of it.

    I'd like to know if anyone went and if it was worth the wait in line.

  2. #112
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    398
    Rep Power
    15897033

    Default Re: MORGANTOWN [was OAKS] (Eagle Arms) August 29 & 30, 2020

    Got there at 9:20. Waited in line 45 minutes to get in! Line was at least 1/4 mile long. Dont know how many hundreds of people were in it.
    Once in the crowd was very large. It is a small- medium sized show to be sure, but there was a lot of stuff there. Ammo was available but expensive! I got 200 rds of 300 bo sub for 280 cash. Yikes!
    Left around 11. There was still a substantial line to get in but less than half of what it was earlier.

  3. #113
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    king of prussia, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    573
    Rep Power
    11231788

    Default Re: MORGANTOWN [was OAKS] (Eagle Arms) August 29 & 30, 2020

    I went with my son around 10:30 and the line was pretty long however it didn*t take too long to get in. I watch many people walkout with boxes of ammo. Almost everyone had something in their hands. My son and I thought that we would find many empty tables but the tables were still well stocked. Prices were fairly high but that was expected. 5.56 ammo ranged from 650 to 750 per 1000 one table had a long line for ammo at $699. However one gentleman in the left side room all the way back against the wall was selling them for $500. We told him about the others and he was surprised. He had the ammo under a table and not very visible. I think he may have raised the price after we bought 2000 rounds. All in all not a bad show. I also bought 40 gen 2 mags for my rifles at $10 each. I am glad I went.
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM.

  4. #114
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    6,032
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: MORGANTOWN [was OAKS] (Eagle Arms) August 29 & 30, 2020

    Got there around 1100 and noticed the full lot as soon as I made the turn in off of rt 10. Waited in line for I'd guess 30 mins or so but chatted with the guys around us so it went pretty quickly. Sign says, "no loaded guns" but nobody's checking and masks necessary but nobody's saying anything. I'm amazed at how well trained The People are as most are walking in from their cars with masks on. Young guys walking out with ammo responded that it was 1000 9mm for $650 WTF! Yep, that's what ammo prices are for the NATO stuff across the board. I scavenged up another 70 or so .338 WINMAG for about $80 (I can't even remember exactly). 80% lowers are now up to $75 firm. Got some UZI mags @$19 ea and some AR15 P-mags for $10 ea, one vendor is charging $15 for them. Ammo cans are selling fast, got a couple more of those. And there are still a few of those Berretta's that were there last month but didn't notice as many of them. Pickles are now in the hallway all the way at the back. Basically, if you want the popular items they're pricey but the obscure stuff is still reasonable.

    Oh and when we left around 1300 there was minimal line to get in.
    Self defense is not a crime: Free Kyle Rittenhouse

  5. #115
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    West Chester, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    241
    Rep Power
    1067425

    Default Re: MORGANTOWN [was OAKS] (Eagle Arms) August 29 & 30, 2020

    Got there at like 850 was in by 915. Most people i have ever seen at a show. Lone was 45 mins plus by time I left around 1130/12. Waiting lines for ammo and guns most other stuff/accessories was usual walk up and buy. Glad i didn't need any new guns or ammo today. Prices were way up there too, much worse than normal shows. I guess supply and demand because people were still buying. ~40+ cents/rnd for 9mm. Must have been a lot of first time buyers to be paying those prices.

  6. #116
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Glenolden, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Posts
    416
    Rep Power
    1623703

    Default Re: MORGANTOWN [was OAKS] (Eagle Arms) August 29 & 30, 2020

    I got there at 10:15 and saw the long line and the looming rain clouds, I left. I'll wait until Oaks is back up and running- unless that line is long too. Last line that I stood in and it rained, I got sicker than a dog for 3 weeks- never again. It's not worth it to me.

    Glad that everything worked out for those that waited and got in.

  7. #117
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    6,032
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: MORGANTOWN [was OAKS] (Eagle Arms) August 29 & 30, 2020

    If you're ballsy you could walk in through the front of the hotel and out through the back of the lobby to the front of the line. I don't know how well it would pan out for you though. Give it a shot and report back.
    Self defense is not a crime: Free Kyle Rittenhouse

  8. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Quakertown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    564
    Rep Power
    12017207

    Default Re: MORGANTOWN [was OAKS] (Eagle Arms) August 29 & 30, 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Got there around 1100 and noticed the full lot as soon as I made the turn in off of rt 10. Waited in line for I'd guess 30 mins or so but chatted with the guys around us so it went pretty quickly. Sign says, "no loaded guns" but nobody's checking and masks necessary but nobody's saying anything. I'm amazed at how well trained The People are as most are walking in from their cars with masks on. Young guys walking out with ammo responded that it was 1000 9mm for $650 WTF! Yep, that's what ammo prices are for the NATO stuff across the board. I scavenged up another 70 or so .338 WINMAG for about $80 (I can't even remember exactly). 80% lowers are now up to $75 firm. Got some UZI mags @$19 ea and some AR15 P-mags for $10 ea, one vendor is charging $15 for them. Ammo cans are selling fast, got a couple more of those. And there are still a few of those Berretta's that were there last month but didn't notice as many of them. Pickles are now in the hallway all the way at the back. Basically, if you want the popular items they're pricey but the obscure stuff is still reasonable.

    Oh and when we left around 1300 there was minimal line to get in.
    any decent IFAK kits and where are the 10 pmags at...thanks

  9. #119
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Bucks County, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    135
    Rep Power
    1678805

    Default Re: MORGANTOWN [was OAKS] (Eagle Arms) August 29 & 30, 2020

    Thanks for the reports, guys! I had planned on going, but had an event tonight that was cancelled due to rain...and have other tomorrow. (As mentioned in another thread, I made a purchase last weekend anyhow)

    I was hoping to hear how the 80% market it. Walleye mentioned the lowers, but I was wondering about the 80% pistol kits. Not sure that I want one...just wonder if any are in stock these days.

  10. #120
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    6,032
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: MORGANTOWN [was OAKS] (Eagle Arms) August 29 & 30, 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    any decent IFAK kits and where are the 10 pmags at...thanks
    I don't know what an IFAK kit is so can't help you there. $10 pmags are in the hall on the right a few aisles in then on the right. That's the best I can remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMPA View Post
    Thanks for the reports, guys! I had planned on going, but had an event tonight that was cancelled due to rain...and have other tomorrow. (As mentioned in another thread, I made a purchase last weekend anyhow)

    I was hoping to hear how the 80% market it. Walleye mentioned the lowers, but I was wondering about the 80% pistol kits. Not sure that I want one...just wonder if any are in stock these days.
    In the hallway there is a booth on the right with lots of plastic kits. They also have plastic 80% lowers if you want one of those. Not my cup of tea so I didn't look at pricing.
    Self defense is not a crime: Free Kyle Rittenhouse

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Central PA group shoot. July 18th, 2020
    By R L Suehr in forum Shoots & Range Trips
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: July 20th, 2020, 05:46 PM
  2. Philadelphia Gun Show - Jan 18th & 19th, 2020
    By Noah.A in forum Gun Shows
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 19th, 2020, 08:56 AM
  3. Spring Brook Gun Show - Jan 18th & 19th, 2020
    By Noah.A in forum Gun Shows
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 14th, 2020, 01:56 PM
  4. Oaks. Dec 18th, 19th, 20th
    By bug in forum Gun Shows
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: December 28th, 2015, 10:03 PM
  5. Oaks Gun Show - Eagle Arms
    By tonyfac in forum Gun Shows
    Replies: 252
    Last Post: April 13th, 2012, 07:41 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •